HF Habs: Official 2024 HFHabs Mock NHL Draft (COMPLETE)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Nowhere near Reinbacher who played like an animal most of the time. Silayev doesn't have the shot nor the playmaking that Reinbacher does, and lets be frank, the skating either.
The skating/mobility is absolutely great for a 6'7 kid, he has a strong heavy shot as well, I agree about the passing, thats not Reinbacher level, but keep in mind thats a 6'7 mammouth who hasnt filled out yet, the synchronism will improve as he develops his man strength.

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Awww shit I didnt see the thread and Im too late :( Will there be another mock before the draft?

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
17yo Reinbacher was in Swiss D2. 17yo Silayev is in KHL. He skates great btw, but can't tell for Reinbacher at the same age.
He skates good for a big guy but let's not kid ourselves, he's not a great skater. He is young and it is impressive that he is playing in the K. It doesn't change the fact he's incredibly raw, not very comparable to a guy like Reinbacher.
The skating/mobility is absolutely great for a 6'7 kid, he has a strong heavy shot as well, I agree about the passing, thats not Reinbacher level, but keep in mind thats a 6'7 mammouth who hasnt filled out yet, the synchronism will improve as he develops his man strenght.
For a 6'7, its good. Great would be Hedman, or Myers.

I said the same thing about Zadorov back in the days, and Zadorov had insane hands to go with it too. Reality is he stayed clunky forever in his passing and shot, and skating. Now, Silayev is a project and a gamble, but Im not sure comparing him to Reinbacher who's as safe as they come to be a top 4+ is very wise. Moreover, I don't know what Silayev does that Dickinson or Levshunov don't. They have better tools all over the board than Anton.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Given you didnt like Reinbacher, Im not expecting you to like Silayev either, both are defending beasts, they are elite plays killers with great skating mobility, long reach and underrated offensive tools.. Silayev is a 6'7 monster who hasnt filled out yet, the upside is incredible.

Id be surprised if NHL teams weren't high on him. They probably see a player who, if everything goes wrong, will probably still play on a top 6, if not top 4. That's usually a top 5 with his size and skating.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
:sens:sens:sens:sens

The Ottawa Senators are pleased to select, with the 7th overall selection in the 2024 HF Habs Mock Draft, from the University of Denver, defenseman, Zeev Buium.

ts1_0095.jpg

@CheldishGamibno

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
View attachment 847638#6 MTL

On the behalf of the Montreal Canadiens organization, I would like to thank the Golden Knight and their fan for an incredible hospitality.​

With the #6 pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Montreal Canadiens are proud and excited to select from of the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL.​

Berkley Catton, C 5’11’’ 170lbs​

“A kid who can play anywhere up front and has high hockey IQ in all three zones. He was Spokane's best player last season in the dub, and Canada' best player in the Hlinka-Gretzky Tournament, continuing this season to almost single-handedly being the reason Spokane is in the playoff race. He is a clutch performer and elite playmaker with speed and lateral quickness, great hands and vision, and has shown exceptional improvement in his ability to finish. Very comfortable in the slot area, with quick puck touches while in traffic. Has a very hard shot and release. Has a terrific initial burst, great scoring touch and quick hands. He drives pucks hard to the net and creates chances with extra effort on follow ups. He is a dominant offensive force and elite playmaker, and appears to always be a step or two ahead of everyone else. He leaves very little doubt that his offensive skills will translate at the pro level. The vision and creativity of his passes screams the chance he may be a first line NHL centre, but his size tempers that idea but most will be comfortable projecting him as a second lien centre.”

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2024-nhl-draft/player-profiles/Berkly-Catton#:~:text=He's%20a%20play%20driver%20and,chance%20to%20be%20a%20No.​

2024 NHL DRAFT – DRAFTPRO SCOUTING FOCUS: BERKLY CATTON - DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

Berkly Catton - 2024 NHL Draft Prospect Profile

Also he can fight, that is him against Ignila…​

Ottawa: @Natey you are on the Clock for pick #7.​

@Natey was PM

Bold. Wouldn’t had been my choice but I still really like this one.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
:flames
The Flames organization would like to thank the city of MarkovsKnee for their hospitality.
With the 8th overall pick, the Calgary Flames are proud to select, from the Medicine Hat Tigers, Cayden Lindstrom.​

View attachment 848078

@bopeep you're up with the Seattle Kraken.
Bold of you as GM of Calgary to pass on Jaromes son. Are you car windows bullet proof ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bold. Wouldn’t had been my choice but I still really like this one.
I would have ended the sentence after “choice”. :sarcasm:

I hope this is not what they end up doing but hey, no one is accountable for anything in here so let the fun continue.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would have ended the sentence after “choice”. :sarcasm:

I hope this is not what they end up doing but hey, no one is accountable for anything in here so let the fun continue.

I'd be thrilled - very surprised they didn't go Lindstrom, but getting Catton would be an awesome addition to our top 6.

Reactions: Rozz

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd be thrilled - very surprised they didn't go Lindstrom, but getting Catton would be an awesome addition to our top 6.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about Calebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Catron, Eiserman, Iginla, and Helenius, plus the dmen.

Really looking forward to who they puck. We should be able to add a good piece for the future. A really good first line forward would be great. But I won't complain if they think they see a number 1 Dman and take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad