HF Habs: Official 2024 HFHabs Mock NHL Draft (COMPLETE)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Do you have links to previous drafts? Would be cool to see.
You have to search for them. Filter this forum and my username and they'll come up. Mainly the Early Bird one since someone else ran the Official one. I just started that one again last year. Early Bird I usually started right after TD.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ok, I usually hold an Early Bird draft a day after Trade Deadline, but the deadline was really late this year, and I was super busy. I figured just go right into the Official HFHabs draft.

There are 26 teams this year. I only merged a couple of teams that had few draft picks (like Boston).

If you choose to play, you will be assigned a team via lottery.

Teams:

Anaheim
Arizona
Boston/Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Calgary
Carolina
Chicago
Colorado
Columbus
Dallas/Winnipeg
Detroit
Edmonton/NYR
LAK/Florida
Minnesota
Montreal
Nashville/TB
New Jersey
NYI
Ottawa
Philadelphia
San Jose
Seattle
St. Louis
Toronto
Vancouver/Vegas
Washington

Players who have played in the past.

@KevSkillz4
@WeThreeKings
@WinterLion
@Pompeius Magnus
@L4br3cqu3
@Goldenhands
@bopeep
@Sookind
@le_sean
@Mrb1p
@WeberFan
@Treb
@Hope Of Glory
@SwiftyHab
@JeffreyLFC
@Schooner Guy
@bcv
@David Suzuki
@zaluty
@SOLR
@calder candidate
@Natey
@Duff88
@Stive Morgan
@Vachon23

Let me know below if you're in.

Standings will be ordered by points percentage as of the final games tonight (Friday, April 5th).

As far as options in trades go, they'll only be approved if the option already exists. For instance, a second turning into a 1st if a team makes final four is a 2nd. For an option that states team gets a 2nd instead of a 3rd if they make the playoffs will be a 2nd if that team is in a playoff spot as of tonight.

I only allow 6 hours between picks before I auto. Check daily for your upcoming pick. You can send pick choices to me or other participants if you know you won't be available to select.

Picks can be made at any time, but 8 am -10 pm edt is when the clock runs. If someone picks at 11 pm, the next player has 6 hours from 8 am to pick.

I'll add some links, etc. A bit later. We'll start as soon as I have enough people to draw the lottery, and assign teams.
Why don't you wait until u18 and chl playoffs are done? Be way more accurate draft. You would know correct draft order. Always players who jump up or slides because of u18. Way guys like Ignila is playing in playoffs he could go much higher than now.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Should wait until draft lottery anyway. Only a month away. That way you have correct draft order.

Some players like Helenius, Vanacker, Ignila having good playoffs while others are not. Going to affect their draft status.

Yeah the lottery could affect some things, but I'll only speak for myself, I've done Early Bird mocks for years now, the timing doesn't matter too much, yeah rankings will fluctuate, but otherwise many already have their own lists and won't be affected by playoffs outcomes, or don't know that much about prospects and just want to have a fun mock draft.

To me, it's only a game, nothing serious, and MarkovsKnee is hosting it, so whenever he wants, goes.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah the lottery could affect some things, but I'll only speak for myself, I've done Early Bird mocks for years now, the timing doesn't matter too much, yeah rankings will fluctuate, but otherwise many already have their own lists and won't be affected by playoffs outcomes, or don't know that much about prospects and just want to have a fun mock draft.

To me, it's only a game, nothing serious, and MarkovsKnee is hosting it, so whenever he wants, goes.

The lottery is only going to impact which team selects Celebrini at 1, whoever goes 2 will be different across the board. Plus the goal of these mock drafts isn't to be completely accurate, it's for us all to come together, have some fun, and see how our drafts look in a few years time and who might have identified someone that goes higher on draft day, or becomes an actual NHL steal.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
The lottery is only going to impact which team selects Celebrini at 1, whoever goes 2 will be different across the board. Plus the goal of these mock drafts isn't to be completely accurate, it's for us all to come together, have some fun, and see how our drafts look in a few years time and who might have identified someone that goes higher on draft day, or becomes an actual NHL steal.

Bingo.

I like coming back when the actual draft is over, to see how much I f***ed up in my predictions :laugh:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ok, guys, I had to work today, but I'm doing the lottery tonight and will put up 1st round later tonight too. Hopefully we can get started tomorrow morning.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Teams have been assigned. 1st Round is up. 1st pick goes to @WeThreeKings

Clock starts whenever he makes the 1st pick. If he picks before 8am, clock will start at 8 am.
Make sure to PM the next team. please!

Let's have some fun!

Anaheim: @MasterMatt25
Arizona: @Vachon23
Boston/Nashville: @SOLR
Buffalo: @Treb
Calgary: @CheldishGamibno
Carolina: @le_sean
Chicago: @Mrb1p
Colorado: @Duff88
Columbus: @Goldenhands
Dallas/Winnipeg: @Schooner Guy
Detroit: @Weber Fan
Edmonton: @zaluty
LAK/Florida: @Kobe Armstrong
Minnesota: @JeffreyLFC
Montreal: @calder candidate
New Jersey: @CapSpace
NYI: @L4br3cqu3
Ottawa: @Natey
Philadelphia: @Sookind
San Jose: @WeThreeKings
Seattle: @bopeep
St. Louis: @KevSkillz4
Toronto: @A Loyal Dog
Vancouver/Vegas: @Twisted Sinister
Washington: @David Suzuki

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dude, you plan on starting the draft?

Yep, right now. Was on my phone earlier - pregnant wife and all that.

:sharks

With the 1st pick in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft, the defenseman-less San Jose Sharks have no choice but to select, Macklin Celebrini, Center, Boston University.
1712498436433.png

"Macklin is the clear #1 for this draft. An insane competitive desire to get better. He's alert and active in all 3 zones. Can carry the puck with speed, power and finesse. His one-timer is a vicious tool along with the rest of his scoring ability. Playmaking is not elite but still high-end mixed with his smarts and commitment. He will solidify the 1st line for the Sharks long term and allow Will Smith to get softer 2nd line minutes."

Next GM will be PMd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad