Speculation: Official 2022 Coyotes Off Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Femur is the biggest bone in the body. I'm skeptical that an athlete can break it, get a metal rod screwed to it, and come back without losing any speed. I'm concerned that we've seen the best of Keller.

I hope some other top level athlete has shown that it can be done.

Reactions: Nowotny

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Timing is probably good for Keller. Lots of time to get over the mental aspect of injury before he has to compete again.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Stralman has said he loves living and playing in AZ, but does the team love him enough to sign him? Don't know. If we're not expecting a playoff caliber roster next season (and who is), there are worse options.

Last edited:
Reactions: ck26 and Prarievarg

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Here's a case study on pro athletes that suffered a broken femur and returned to playing. The research subjects were two NHL, one NFL, and one MLB.

- average time to return to play was 9.5 months (range, 7–13 months)

- Final radiographs revealed that all fractures were well healed.

- No athletes had subjective complaints or concerns that performance was affected by the injury

- All players returned to previous levels of performance or exceeded previous statistical performance levels.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anyone wondering if the AZ talks with Montreal about taking on Weber’s contract also included the Habs other headache Logan Mailleaux as the “compensation” for taking on that contract? It makes sense to me because I don’t think Habs ownership were very pleased with that selection and i’m going to be honest I don’t think the ownership wants that kid part of the organization period let alone signed to a contract. That was a GM and a head scout not reading the desired culture by management.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Femur is the biggest bone in the body. I'm skeptical that an athlete can break it, get a metal rod screwed to it, and come back without losing any speed. I'm concerned that we've seen the best of Keller.

I hope some other top level athlete has shown that it can be done.
EJ Henderson of the Vikings did it! Played 3 more years including a Pro-Bowl selection post injury.

An snow boarder Mark McMorris broke his femur in Feb 2016 and won medals at the 2018 and 2022 Olympics.

Last edited:
Reactions: sundance74

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anyone wondering if the AZ talks with Montreal about taking on Weber’s contract also included the Habs other headache Logan Mailleaux as the “compensation” for taking on that contract? It makes sense to me because I don’t think Habs ownership were very pleased with that selection and i’m going to be honest I don’t think the ownership wants that kid part of the organization period let alone signed to a contract. That was a GM and a head scout not reading the desired culture by management.
After Mitch Miller, I think this gets vetoed by ownership.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
After Mitch Miller, I think this gets vetoed by ownership.
You would think but I’m scouring their prospect list to find something that makes sense and this would make sense for Habs ownership.

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Jul 2, 2015
So if I read it correctly JJ Moser has the second most total points out of any player drafted in the 2021 draft this season, thats pretty cool (his TP is 15, Sillinger in CBJ has 31).

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So if I read it correctly JJ Moser has the second most total points out of any player drafted in the 2021 draft this season, thats pretty cool (his TP is 15, Sillinger in CBJ has 31).

Only 2 players have played over 10 games from that draft of last summer. Guess who??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad