GDT: Official 2017 #hcanes NCAA Football Thread

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If we're going the geography route, I'm all for dropping Louisville and Notre Dame.

Actually I'm all for dropping Notre Dame entirely since their Football program will never join full-time.

Maybe the ACC and B1G should swap Rutgers and ND. Move Louisville to the Big 12, add Cincinnati and Colorado State, and perhaps someone else to that conference too so that they can finally add a championship game again. Think that's a little out there? Well the Texas and Oklahoma schools were about 30 minutes from joining the Pac-10 back in 2010. Imagine how ****ed up the travel for that conference would have been.

If ND joins the B1G it will be as a non-football member as they are in the ACC. And due to grant of rights the earliest it can happen is 2035, provided it is not extended before ND and the B1G can come to an agreement on membership.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I remember watching Nyheim Hines as a freshman in HS score 6 touchdowns against my kids high school. The dude was unstoppable in high school and had a lot of top schools, including Ohio State, making offers to him. IIRC, he chose NC State because they also offered his twin sister a track scholarship as well and was the only school to do that. Good to see him doing so well at State now.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
and the game was amazing! loved it! there were a plenty of beautiful plays. a few that could have been stopped tho but it was loud and communication was hard to do. i think State can compete with Clempson just not beat them this year. i think the team will get into top 10 in the US this year. anyone else think that also?
The only way anyone in the ACC legitimately competes with Clemson this year is if the Tigers just have a bad day. That's not to say the teams in the ACC suck, its just that Clemson is really that good. They will exploit any and every mistake and make you pay. You have to play perfect, and even that isn't going to be good enough. They're on par with Alabama, and like Alabama, should waltz to the playoff with relative ease.

State had a great game last night, but Louisville is really a 1-man show. If you have the DL to limit Lamar, University-6 will sputter. NCSU has that kind of line, and they did what they did.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
i said compete have a close game. not a win. and yes louisville is a one man show but that one man show is doing great and just broke a record for most td's as a qb in ncaa history(39). the kid dominated us. if they had another person doing just as good as him last night, we would have lost it. We have one of the best all around teams in the NCAA this year and a very underrated QB that showed exactly what he can do last night. Clempson might be that much better than us but i think that our defense is one of the top 5 in the NCAA and i have heard the announcers say it before. Our offense could use more than 2 great people (Fin & Hines) and they were completely dominate last game. that helped us win but i think we could go deep in the playoffs (until we have to face Clempson or any other huge names) but in our div (besides Clempson) we can beat.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
if they beat pitt and notre dame on the road, then they could feasibly be in the top 10 depending on what happens with the teams ahead of them
That's the nature of the college game. With no real "statement games" before Clemson (and Pitt and ND are far from statements this year even on the road vs both) it's going to come down to who stumbles that's in front of them, and hoping that nobody that's right on their tail comes up with a statement win of their own.

The good thing about the college game is that it's pretty damn likely that teams in front of them will lose. The Pederasts play the fighting Harbaughs and my boys play TCU this week so that's two potential ones regardless of result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad