GDT: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The complications are that on LTIR cap space doesn't compound, if he moves his cap hit then it would

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If I am wrong about Pribyl and his cap hit doesn't count, then Vey being sent down makes us cap compliant.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I doubt the Flames have any interest in actually keeping Bollig in the AHL. As is the discussion this far, it's likely only for cap reasons.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kris Versteeg to Calgary. Love it.
That's actually a solid pickup for us, RW depth helps.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
To be honest, our top 9 is pretty well balanced at this point. I imagine tomorrow night's lineup will be:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Versteeg
Tkachuk - Bennett - Brouwer
Ferland - Backlund - Frolik
Bouma - Stajan - Chiasson

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I'm with the minority who are happy with both Versteeg and Grossmann signings.

Would rather have decent depth and older vets in the press box than younger tweeners eating pop corn. The guys we wanted in those spots now get to play and continue development.

The best part is that Edmonton offered him a contract and he said no.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The only downside I see is the lack of spots open for young guys. But they were open during training camp, and they were not taken, whether you agree with where the bar was set or not.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The only downside I see is the lack of spots open for young guys. But they were open during training camp, and they were not taken, whether you agree with where the bar was set or not.
Spots will open with injuries as always.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012

Well to be fair: Mony, Johnny, Tkchuck, Bennett, and Ferland are all young and are 5 of our top 6.

It would be difficult to fill out even more roster spots to other young players. I know these 5 were all pretty much a lock, but they still have a lot to learn and a lot of potential to reach

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Strategy for the defence this year is spreading out the suck

Bottom pair is likely Jokipakka-Hamilton

Definitely trying to offset the bad with the good, let's just hope the bad doesn't outweigh the good :laugh:.. I'll be very interested in seeing what kind of minutes they end up playing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
All of those pairs have played together in the past with at least half decent results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad