Official 2015 U20 World Junior Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
An incredible game. Gauthier did yeoman's work in the third period. Russia could have mailed it in playing in a hostile arena, instead they took on the challenge and gave the Canadians everything they had.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fwiw, most people on main board saying Morin played well.

One did say that if Morin had nurses fire, he would be Pronger 2.0.

But I must say, I expected Morin to be more physical. I think he was holding back for fear of the refs giving lots of penalties. I think he will be much more aggressive in the NHL.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

But I must say, I expected Morin to be more physical. I think he was holding back for fear of the refs giving lots of penalties. I think he will be much more aggressive in the NHL.

I do think he toned it down heavily... he plays like a monster in the Q with a lot of fire and nastiness.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

He was certainly holding back all tournament. With the way international games are called, you can see why he wasn't playing his game totally.

A real good tournament by Sammy. Congrats to him.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
sam isnt nearly as physical as nurse when he plays in the Q. Nurse is able to physically seperate the player from the puck, whereas Morin usally sticks to poke checks. However during scrums Morin is quite vicious and is an equal opportunist. He doesn't care if you are joe hicketts size or darnell nurse size he will rough you up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I do think he toned it down heavily... he plays like a monster in the Q with a lot of fire and nastiness.

I personally do think they talked to him and said " if you are making this team, you cannot be taking physical penalties where you overdo it"

And he listened.

There were lots of times that a Russian was next to him and he never leaned on him or anything for fear of a needless interference penalty.

But certainly Nurse was way more physical.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
B6o5T9wIQAAquAo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad