Official 2015 U20 World Junior Championship Thread (part 2)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Morin needs about 20-25 lbs more that picture. Good God.

Only comparing body types, but I saw Pronger in Toronto one summer when he was 20 or 21 and he looked like a beanpole. I told my friend he was one of the meanest young D in the NHL and she said, 'you're joking right? He's tall but his legs are so skinny.'

Hockey players don't usually bulk up too much. It isn't football.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Reinhart definitely has some developing to do, just felt he was our most effective overall player for the course of the tournament. Other than think the game well above his peers, he does nothing else in particular better than above average. He looks like he'll be effective at both special units and at very least decent at ES. Seemed to like deflecting passes at the net and got some big goals at that. Tons of work to do to take his game to the NHL level, he needs to work on his skating more than anything else I think.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Reinhart is a hard player to figure out. You watch him out on the ice and you think to yourself how was this kid a top pick in 2014 and then by the end of the night he has a goal and 2 assists.

My prediction range for guys like that are very wide. I could see him being a very good 1st line center or I could see him become a 3rd line. It's very hard to tell with him. But I will say this, this kid really does have intangibles. He just finds a way to win.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I wrote up a quick list of players that stood out to me during the WJCs.

I watched quite a few of the games but how closely I was watching varied and I certainly don't consider myself an expert for spotting hockey talent. I certainly missed a couple Russians (their names are too long and hard for me to keep track of) and I didn't really see any of the Czech's games.

I tried to put them into a bit of a ranking order but don't look much into it.

1. Connor McDavid, CAN
2. Sam Reinhart, CAN
3. Max Domi, CAN
4. Jack Eichel, USA
5. Dylan Larkin, USA
6. Nikolaj Ehlers, DEN
7. Oliver Bjorkstrand, DEN
8. Darnell Nurse, CAN
9. William Nylander, SWE
10. Jake Virtanen, CAN
11. Adrian Kempe, SWE
12. Martin Reway, SVK
13. Anthony Duclair, CAN
14. Kevin Fiala, SUI
15. Jesse Puljijarvi, FIN
16. Julius Honka, FIN
17. Denis Godla, SVK
18. Gustav Forsling, SWE
19. Shea Theodore, CAN
20. Will Butcher, USA

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer · 2h 2 hours ago

Changing gears, Hextall said he was happy with play of @Robbanhagg at WJC after subpar opener but that perhaps he played too many minutes.

On flip side, Hextall said he would liked to have seen @sammorin55 get more WJC minutes but he played well and it was valuable experience.

Hextall said @oskarlindblom is now on everyone's map b/c of big offensive numbers in tourney but no decisions will be made yet for 2015-16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad