GDT: [Official] 2015 Playoff Race Thread Part III - The final 4 days

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I cheered for Vancouver. That is how much I dislike the Bruins.
giphy.gif

May 27, 2012
Earth

Well to be fair, I never had a team that I cheered for on a regular basis. I was more a casual fan, Pittsburgh I suppose, but I didn't follow them like I do the Flames now. It wasn't probably until a season after that I started to like the Flames around grade 10. I had a friend who liked the Flames since I met him in grade 7. I always chirped them just to annoy him haha. Eventually I grew a soft spot for the team and grew a soft spot especially for Matt Stajan. This was before Hartley came in and no one liked Stajan. As a result followed them more closely. Joining HF probably made that bond/attraction to the Flames much stronger. Glad to say I became Flames fan, and it was during the years they didn't make playoffs. I ain't no band wagoner fan. Went to my first Flames game back March against Ottawa. I normally don't show a lot of emotion out in public, but man I was freaking out at the game. I will never forget that game.

You would think I would be a Leafs fan or something in Ontario. Or especially a Hawks/Bruins/Kings bandwagon fan.

edit: Also getting CentreIce was good decision, I would not be able to watch as many Flames games as I do now had I not got it.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I hate to say it, but those four squandered points against Toronto & Buffalo in early December loom large right now.

That could have been our entire season - right there.

I've been thinking about that recently, but LA and SJ and other teams had a lot of "what ifs" and stupid woulda/coulda/shoulda moments which they should've capitalized and been above us in the standings or in a WC spot so it doesn't really bother me

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I hate to say it, but those four squandered points against Toronto & Buffalo in early December loom large right now.

Too many if's and but's. It is what it is.

I haven't been more excited/nervous/stressed/happy/sad for a regular season game in YEARS with this Flames team.

I have friends who are huge oiler fans who cannot wait to watch this game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

You balance that against LA's inability to win shootouts, though, and suddenly we're lucky to be even here.

Aug 21, 2014
Or if we won 1-7 in our losing streak. Or went 4-4 we would have home advantage against the Canucks. Oh well.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
I personally don't like that "what if -game". Yes, there are many buts and ifs existing, like those BUF & TOR-games, but also those games, that the Flames shouldn't have won. Because the playoff-spot is still on our own hands, the past doesn't matter. Now you just have to get those two points and deserve that spot.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Since the Flames' probable first round playoff opponent will be the Canucks:

Baertschi said his few days up with the Canucks so far have been “amazing,” and the 2011 first-round pick said it’s exciting to be around a team getting ready for a playoff run. As it stands right now, the Flames are the Canucks’ most likely first-round playoff opponent, and Baertschi admitted it would be extra special for him if he gets to lineup against his former team in the postseason.

“Who knows? Maybe if I can stick around here, be around the team longer … maybe even get a game in, that would be, of course, awesome,” he said.

“If I could get a game against Calgary, that would be unbelievable.”

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Just in general a 9 game pointless streak

Yeah, that was mind-numbingly bad. I actually can hardly believe they survived that and came back to be in a fight for a playoff spot. Unreal. That was so brutal to go through.

On a side-note, I saw Hiller pushing a baby in a baby-carriage today on 13 Ave S near a nice park there. I had to do a double-take but I'm sure it was him. I was driving so couldn't do more than a gawk drive-by.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House

Jets are pretty much in the same boat. We've given up a goal with less than 5 minutes left in the 3rd no less than 8x this season to give up at least a single point.

Just win tonight :yo:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok you guys are away to cool and calm today. 4 pages in with no detectable panic, fear, or anxiety that I can see? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad