GDT: [Official] 2015 Playoff Race Thread Part III - The final 4 days

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Part 2 will be filled by morning. Huge wins on Tuesday by Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Edmonton. The west playoff race could be decided on Thursday in the Flames/Kings match.
Link to Part 2: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1861291

It's kinda funny how not too long ago we all thought the East was decided and now they still have 5 teams fighting for 4 playoffs spots and will almost certainly go to the final day of the season.

Apr10West_zpsa8mtocyk.png

Magic Numbers
Winnipeg Jets: Clinched
Calgary Flames: Clinched

Apr10East_zpsjvt5s5gl.png

Magic Numbers
New York Islanders: Clinched
Detroit Red Wings: Clinched
Ottawa Senators: 0.5
Pittsburgh Penguins: 1.0

Friday
West
No games

East
New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins 5:00pm

Saturday
West
Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets 1:00pm
Los Angeles Kings @ San Jose Sharks 1:00pm

East
Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers 10:30am
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Buffalo Sabres 5:00pm
Columbus Blue Jackets @ New York Islanders 5:00pm
Detroit Red Wings @ Carolina Hurricanes 5:00pm
Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning 5:30pm

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2010
Really hoping that the Saturday game is meaningless, pretty sure my family doctor won't let me watch any more hockey with all these near/pending heart attacks waiting to happen.

Just win (in a convincing manner) and we'll all be happier for it.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Also... does this mean that tomorrow night, we're now cheering for Winnipeg to clinch?

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Jets STH here....... for the sake of Winnipeg, Calgary, and all of Canada... give the Kings what they deserve on Thursday..... 4 or maybe 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs would be awesome.

Would love for Saturday's game to become completely meaningless and the Jets and Flames can play some injury-free shinny.

I think the prediction back in October was that the Jets would finish 13th or 14th in the Western Conference. Not sure "the experts" predicted Calgary much higher.

Good Times people.......... good times. :handclap:

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
It will be interesting to see what kind of team plays for Winnipeg on Saturday if they clinch on Thursday. Do they sit some players? Start Hutchinson?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It will be interesting to see what kind of team plays for Winnipeg on Saturday if they clinch on Thursday. Do they sit some players? Start Hutchinson?
Honestly, not even thinking about Saturday. Gotta get through Thursday first.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Also... does this mean that tomorrow night, we're now cheering for Winnipeg to clinch?
would definitely make the Saturday easier as they'd likely be resting a bunch of guys

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Jets STH here....... for the sake of Winnipeg, Calgary, and all of Canada... give the Kings what they deserve on Thursday..... 4 or maybe 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs would be awesome.

Would love for Saturday's game to become completely meaningless and the Jets and Flames can play some injury-free shinny.

I think the prediction back in October was that the Jets would finish 13th or 14th in the Western Conference. Not sure "the experts" predicted Calgary much higher.

Good Times people.......... good times. :handclap:

I do remember that... We both were supposed to be in contention for McDavid.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I just want us to win in Thursday so we don't have to sweat it out on Saturday. I'd love for us to be the team to stick the final dagger in the cup champs season.

Yeah, like no part of me wants the Kings to make the playoffs. I would love for nothing more than for the Flames to be the final nail in their coffin this season.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Was in bed early and was really nervous every time the app updated the score. I died when they made it 3-2. I went into a spontaneous combustion when I saw that Edmonton won.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Saturday's game starts here at 10pm. Doesnt really matter whether Flames have clinched playoff spot or not before that, it's going to be great game for me

BTW, wouldnt Flames OT win on saturday mean that both Winnipeg and Flames make the playoffs, no matter how the games before that end? That would give both teams at least 97 points, the same that LA can get.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Saturday's game starts here at 10pm. Doesnt really matter whether Flames have clinched playoff spot or not before that, it's going to be great game for me

BTW, wouldnt Flames OT win on saturday mean that both Winnipeg and Flames make the playoffs, no matter how the games before that end? That would give both teams at least 97 points, the same that LA can get.

Yes. LA is in quite a bit of trouble though with that loss to the Oilers.

If the Flames win in regulation or OT, they are in. If the Kings win in regulation/OT, they still have a chance to make the playoffs.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Yes. LA is in quite a bit of trouble though with that loss to the Oilers.

If the Flames win in regulation or OT, they are in. If the Kings win in regulation/OT, they still have a chance to make the playoffs.

Just to make sure, Flames OT win against LA in not enough. They would still need 1 point to make it for sure. Or did I miss something?

edit: yeah, I'm not good with numbers. Flames would need 1 point with OT loss againts LA.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Just to make sure, Flames OT win against LA in not enough. They would still need 1 point to make it for sure. Or did I miss something?

Well if the Flames win in OT/SO, the Flames will be 97 points, whereas the Kings will only be 94. There would be no way of coming back from that with a game left against San Jose.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pretty crazy that this season has come to this.
I think I said it about 2 weeks ago; all we can hope is for the Flames to play good enough to get it down to these last two games; they just needed to keep pace (and did more than that).

I think even us die hard Calgary fans wrote off this season as another rebuild year, crazy we're 1 win away from clinching our first playoff appearance in over a half-decade.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Well if the Flames win in OT/SO, the Flames will be 97 points, whereas the Kings will only be 94. There would be no way of coming back from that with a game left against San Jose.

I think I've speculated too much with remaining games for the last few days, maybe I should check standings instead every now and then. I was sure that LA would beat Edmonton no matter what and took that as a fact, with both teams at 95 points after last night :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad