OT: Official 2014 Patriots/NFL Thread - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Ok, so I closed the other thread. Anyone guess why?

Here's a rule of thought if you're going to post on that subject again:

If it sounds as though you could even possibly be misconstrued as defending Ray Rice. Or hell... If you're defending Ray Rice? Keep the thoughts to yourself. If it's anything like "What Ray Rice did was bad. On the other hand..." ? Just squeeze it off. It's not going to be appreciated and you're not ever ever ever correct.

Let's talk some FOOTBALLS!

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The beard was bad luck. Just like the goofy long hair he had a few years ago :laugh:

I'm not worried about the defense or offense. That o-line is a concern. Cannon looked TERRIBLE. Devey looked overwelmed. Solder and Vollmer gave up. They better shape up quick!

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Not a Pats fan, but they're on my good side because of you guys.

Was really disappointed in their play in the second half yesterday. I know it's Miami and it almost as seems as though those games are a coin flip when deciding the winner. But the play calling, the offensive line and Brady ALL were pretty awful.

Who is Week 2 and is it an annihilatable opponent?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Was really disappointed in their play in the second half yesterday. I know it's Miami and it almost as seems as though those games are a coin flip when deciding the winner. But the play calling, the offensive line and Brady ALL were pretty awful.

MIN I think, and although Lou will say otherwise...yes :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
We have seen this sort of thing before. Pats do not historically play well in MIA, and BB had to know that dealing Mankins that late in camp was going to make the O-Line worse (at least in the short term).

The line will get better, and the team (Brady incl) will get sharper. I laugh every time I see people saying,

"Well, it looks like Belichick's moves have FINALLY caught up with him."

Wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard that, could have retired already :laugh:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Minnesota.

Both of Minnesota's offensive and defensive lines will give the Patriots opposite lines trouble if the Patriots fail to adjust from what I saw in Miami yesterday. If they let Lamar Miller & Knowshown Moreno run wild (191 rushing yards surrendered to MIA) Adrian Peterson will blow that D-line and LB corps to bits. Cordarrelle Patterson will be the most athletic player on both rosters. The game will be in Minnesota and while no longer indoors at the Metrodome, it'll be at the TCF Bank Stadium on the U of M campus. Smaller and louder than a usual outdoor facility.

Even as a Viking fan, Saturday I expected the Patriots should win that game. Monday is another story.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Minnesota.

Both of Minnesota's offensive and defensive lines will give the Patriots opposite lines trouble if the Patriots fail to adjust from what I saw in Miami yesterday. If they let Lamar Miller & Knowshown Moreno run wild (191 rushing yards surrendered to MIA) Adrian Peterson will blow that D-line and LB corps to bits. Cordarrelle Patterson will be the most athletic player on both rosters. The game will be in Minnesota and while no longer indoors at the Metrodome, it'll be at the TCF Bank Stadium on the U of M campus. Smaller and louder than a usual outdoor facility.

Even as a Viking fan, Saturday I expected the Patriots should win that game. Monday is another story.

TBH, after the loss against MIA, I think it's even less likely that MIN beats NE. They won't be sneaking up on anybody and I'm pretty sure it's going to be an unpleasant week in Foxborough?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The beard was bad luck. Just like the goofy long hair he had a few years ago :laugh:

I'm not worried about the defense or offense. That o-line is a concern. Cannon looked TERRIBLE. Devey looked overwelmed. Solder and Vollmer gave up. They better shape up quick!

According to Mike Flynn and others, Cannon wasn't the biggest problem on the o-line..

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
TBH, after the loss against MIA, I think it's even less likely that MIN beats NE. They won't be sneaking up on anybody and I'm pretty sure it's going to be an unpleasant week in Foxborough?

Well, and that's certainly Bill's MO. Embarrassed one week? Return with a vengeance the next.

Also not his MO to lose a season opener. When was the last opener loss? Been several years IIRC.

We'll see.

Pats should win. They have more talent, better coaching. But what I've seen in Minnesota from training camp on is a lot of young talent and vet leaders that are buying what Mike Zimmer is selling and a team with no pressure. What I saw yesterday was a defense that allowed nothing to the Rams other than two 45+ yard FG's. Granted, the Rams had Shaun Hill at QB (until the Vikings knocked him out) but they barely got into Viking territory. Plus, the Rams defense, allegedly vaunted, surrendered 34 points at home to the Vikings.

Pats should win.

If I'm a Patriots fan making an honest assessment of the MIA game and have a little bit of knowledge about what the Vikings are about....I wouldn't say that with a ton of certainty though.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Cannon is a much better tackle than guard. Problem is, their other options at guard suck. Devey was horrible, and even though it was reported they were trying Vollmer at LG, who know's how that would actually translate.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
True that, just not as good as Minny this year IMO...

Man if Minny can get their QB situation figured out in the next few seasons while AP still has tread left on the tires, look out. Patterson is just awesome to watch, and that D has some potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad