OT: Official 2014 Patriots/NFL Thread - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Pats looked bad, but a Miami home opener down there is not my idea of a good opening game.

We will know what we have next Sunday about 5 o'clock. Glad the Vikings won big. If the Pats play well and win they will be fine.

football is the easiest of the pro sports to figure out- whoever controls the line of scrimmage usually wins- the Pats contolled neither and it wasnt even close

Vikings should dominate both sides of the line IMO...If Brady can get rid of it quickly however he will pick the LB's and Robert Blanton apart. Vikes can be beat deep as well if he gets the time. I don't think you guys will be able to run successfully though...

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So with a terrible oline he decides to attempt 56 passes(missing 27), which puts even more pressure on the oline. Interesting decision-making by Brady.

"he" as in brady? he doesn't call the plays. sure, he can audible but even then not like they ran the ball great in first half.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The obvious solution is more running plays, but you can't expect much success with an immobile QB and Vereen/Ridley

it's not obvious. you think this oline is good at run blocking? they just traded their best run blocker.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Looked to me she was going after him. Not defending the doosh, but I sure many people have been in that situation. It's hard to control your immotions sometimes when women are acting in this manor. He should have left her there before going in the elevator. I would've left her in the hotel and left. Cameras are everywhere now adays. Again I'm not defending the dummy.

This is a joke, right?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Haven't read the thread but please tell me that wasn't a comment on Ray Rice.

Of course it was.

You know how women can get. Can be hard to control your "immotions" when dealing with us.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Of course it was.

You know how women can get. Can be hard to control your "immotions" when dealing with us.

This statement is entirely true ;)...still not sure how her "coming for him" excuses a guy that gets tackled by 300 pound lineman for a living for beating up a woman that probably goes about a buck-20??

member 96824

Looked to me she was going after him. Not defending the doosh, but I sure many people have been in that situation. It's hard to control your immotions sometimes when women are acting in this manor. He should have left her there before going in the elevator. I would've left her in the hotel and left. Cameras are everywhere now adays. Again I'm not defending the dummy.

Jesus H. Christ.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I said I'm not condoning what he did. Relax. I wouldn't be in that position. I would have left.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This statement is entirely true ;)...still not sure how her "coming for him" excuses a guy that gets tackled by 300 pound lineman for a living for beating up a woman that probably goes about a buck-20??

It doesn't.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Hey I can be a raving ***** and I'm well aware of how women can be. :laugh:

Even if she WAS going after him, in that situation you restrain her not beat her up. It's ****ing disgusting and I'm infuriated by the entire thing.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hey I can be a raving ***** and I'm well aware of how women can be. :laugh:

Even if she WAS going after him, in that situation you restrain her not beat her up. It's ****ing disgusting and I'm infuriated by the entire thing.

Yeah, I think the NFL really dropped the ball on this one. Rice should have gotten the proverbial "book" thrown at him. His GF/wife made the whole think a little more difficult IMO by not pressing charges. If she had, Goodell could have gone after Rice far easier.

That being said, I don't get how he can treat this situation one way and yet suspend Rothlisberger for 6 games (later reduced to 4) for an alleged sexual assault, where charges were never filed?? They had video of the Rice incident, so even if she didn't press charges, they still should have done more.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Brady vs Cassel next game. Interesting.

I need a great day from my kicker tonight in my pay league. down 8 points and he has his kicker too.

HF league, not too bad. Whenever I feel bad about football I just watch Tony Romo lol

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
You know...I've never known.

I'm assuming it doesn't mean "You can't beat women up because there are cameras everywhere now a days" though.

But hey, if there's no cameras.....smash away! Just don't get caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad