Red Line- 14
Hockey Prospect- 17
Future Considerations: 27
McKeen's: 25
ISS: 33
DraftBuzz: 29
THN: 23

Hi/Lo: 14/33

Kirk's Take: Little Czech dynamo has the speed and skill to be a top-6 NHL forward and would be ranked higher if not for concerns about his lack of size and strength. He was a solid contributor playing against men in the Allsvenskan and brings a passion and fire that the B's would no doubt appreciate. He's a pure offense type who needs to address his overall game, but has the kind of high-end hands, vision and sense to be a solid value at 25. With some pubs having him as high as 14 and top-20, and others at the end of round 1, he could be the guy for Boston, but I have to think he'll be off the board when the B's turn comes.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Honestly, I have to watch some tape.

I SHOULDN'T, but I'm comparing him to Nylander... who went to a division rival and who looked considerably better on the same team as our guy.

I'm not being fair. I'm really not. I need to learn more about Pastrnak.

Yeah, you shouldn't compare the 25th pick to the top European prospect (unless Kapanen passed him). :P

I was hoping Vrana would drop, though that was hardly realistic. Haven't seen much of Pastrnak, seen more of Kempe and like him, but I'm okay with it.

And LA get Kempe 29th, hmm...

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
David Pastrnak Profile

description=
David Pastrnak
Ht/Wt: 6' 0"/168 lbs
Position: LW/RW
Team: Sodertalje SK (SWE)

David Pastrnak's Player Profile
Climbing the ranks quickly, David Pastrnak has been flashing his exciting offensive skillset at every level, most recently at the World Junior Championships. Using quick agile cuts and dazzling puck skills, Pastrnak attacks quickly often making defenders look foolish along the way. He hounds pucks in an unrelenting way and doesn’t steer away from traffic but his underdeveloped frame can hold him back occasionally in puck battles. The young Czech forward has been fantastic in Allsvenskan professional action and he currently leads his men’s team in scoring as a 17-year-old.
Profile from: Brendan Ross of Dobber Prospects - Feb. 18th

[Future Considerations]

Pasternak is a flashy, electrifying offensive talent with gifted hands and shiftiness in his feet. He also has a bullet shot and is a very dangerous finisher. He uses quickness and good lateral elusiveness to avoid bigger opponents. (August 2013)

Umm. Well, that sounds perfect. Couldn't ask for more from where we sat. I trust he has the drive and commitment to be a well-rounded player if Chia took him.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Yeah, you shouldn't compare the 25th pick to the top European prospect (unless Kapanen passed him). :P

I was hoping Vrana would drop, though that was hardly realistic. Haven't seen much of Pastrnak, seen more of Kempe and like him, but I'm okay with it.

And LA get Kempe 29th, hmm...

And see, I wanted Kempe there.

I have to admit though... While I see some concerns about his strength (and I'd say his shot as well) from the video in this thread, I am floored by this kid's skill and puck battle. And vision. WOW.

It may be a few years yet, but Pastrnak looks filthy. And like he'd be a pain in the ass to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad