GDT: Official-2013 World Juniors Thread - STARTS TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Canadian hockey is in a bad way right now. The media have been forecasting it for years but it's finally come to fruition.

What are you talking about?
They lose one game to a team they've just beaten and suddenly the sky is falling?

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I really hope the lockout is over in these next few weeks because if this continues it will leave a bitter taste in the back of my mouth.

The worst thing is that there are no excuses. Americans have had better goaltending, defence, offence and they are working harder. The officials missed 1 call but they can't be blamed either.

Canada is known for comebacks in these games though so I won't write them off yet. Definitely not looking good though.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nathan MacKinnon = 1st overall pick my ass. When was the last time that we've seen such a no show from the guy that was favored to be the #1 pick at the WJC's?

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Canadian hockey is in a bad way right now. The media have been forecasting it for years but it's finally come to fruition.

I agree

The way Gibson is playing I don't see a comeback in order, but they have done things before, as a fan I hold out hope but it's being tested this year.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
Head coach Spott said about the Americans yesterday: "We've got a good book on them..."

So if you got a good book on them but still losing to them badly, do you really know how to coach?

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
This is an embarassement. How is Murphy even seeing the ice with 7 dmen? He is clearly in over his head as evidence by his mistakes and being exploited every shift. Yet it seems he is out there every other shift. That is on Spot and its pretty obvious he played favourites to pick him and spoon feed him ice time at the expense of the team.

Oh ya, and tradition of pulling goalies on world juniors ftw. Not all Subban's fault but in these big games you need to be close to perfect.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
And that constitutes the media forecasting the decline of Canadian hockey for years? Gotcha.
Uh, yes, the media have been reporting on the decline of Canadian hockey for years. Where have you been? And to add salt to the wound, it coincides with the Americans arriving as a perennial superpower.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Head coach Spott said about the Americans yesterday: "We've got a good book on them..."

So if you got a good book on them but still losing to them badly, do you really know how to coach?

Except he forgot to write Canada's book for the game, some of the guys look like thu drank horse tranqulizers before the game

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nathan MacKinnon = 1st overall pick my ass. When was the last time that we've seen such a no show from the guy that was favored to be the #1 pick at the WJC's?

Well the latest #1 pick has been a virtual no show in this tournament so i don't think this tournament is indicative of where MacKinnon should be drafted nor should it.

I bet that RNH gets the blame for this loss on the main board for bringing his Edmonton losing mentality to the Canadian team when in reality, the entire team is getting horribly outplayed.

Oct 15, 2008
Uh, yes, the media have been reporting on the decline of Canadian hockey for years. Where have you been? And to add salt to the wound, it coincides with the Americans arriving as a perennial superpower.

Youve been saying it all along yet you pick now to point it out. I cant think of anything more ridiculous that Ive seen put forward on this board tbh.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton

No doubt, completely invisible and when he does have the puck he does very little, if I were to base his draft position on this tourney I'd say he will drop possibly to 3-5, but this tourney doesn't decide all

goggog

Sep 2, 2006
Canada

You don't see him because he doesn't get played. Tough to get any feel for the game when you play 40 seconds every 10 minutes.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Well the latest #1 pick has been a virtual no show in this tournament so i don't think this tournament is indicative of where MacKinnon should be drafted nor should it.

I bet that RNH gets the blame for this loss on the main board for bringing his Edmonton losing mentality to the Canadian team when in reality, the entire team is getting horribly outplayed.
It's going to be bad... but we've had to shield ourselves from a lot of barbs and arrows over the past six years. Whatever.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

It's 1 really bad game, typical overreaction by you.
I'm sure that the Canadian team will be the favorite next year with plenty of young talent coming up. I highly doubt that results like this will be the norm for Canada

Oct 15, 2008

PPG is no show?

Nice try, and really poor taste to pick now to dump on Yakupov.:shakehead

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
It's 1 really bad game, typical overreaction by you.
I'm sure that the Canadian team will be the favorite next year with plenty of young talent coming up. I highly doubt that results like this will be the norm for Canada
Canada has had plenty of these efforts over the past several years.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Give me an example, just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad