Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread-Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Real talk: #2 seed might be the better draw anyway

Whichever 8-8 team gets the 6 seed isn't beating Indy or Cincy on the road, but Kansas City likely will knock off the other and as the 5 seed go into Denver for the divisional playoff while we'd get probably the Colts, who pretty much suck without Wayne.

I like the way you think :D

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Texans DL saying Patriots basically spied on them during week to be able to make miraculous adjustments . Guess we will hear they did to Denver also. 58 points in second half after 7 in first will have conspiracists out

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Texans DL saying Patriots basically spied on them during week to be able to make miraculous adjustments . Guess we will hear they did to Denver also. 58 points in second half after 7 in first will have conspiracists out

nah. Just superior coaching and qb play. They are similar to denver in that regard, putting up more pts in 2nd halves of games more often than not.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Does this bull **** against Boston teams ever end?

Last edited by a moderator:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Gostkowski has been our team's MVP this year. And to think some fans wanted him gone.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
That last Giants FG was so BS when has a ball ever hit 3/4 of the upright and bounced in, never it defies physics, a sliver maybe but really that ball 2 feet lower hits the pole flush and would take a hurricane to twist it back through.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Gostkowski has been our team's MVP this year. And to think some fans wanted him gone.

I blamed Mesko for almost all of his misses, his holds sucked, one time slanted left the next time right then forward, ect his holds were like snowflakes, Ryan has it perfect every time even with some very bad snaps.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I blamed Mesko for almost all of his misses, his holds sucked, one time slanted left the next time right then forward, ect his holds were like snowflakes, Ryan has it perfect every time even with some very bad snaps.

I don't know much about the technical aspects of "holds", but I really thought all that was overblown in training camp after they cut Mesko. Allen has been very good this year when he has needed to be, which is even more impressive when you consider he's a rookie.

As Dan Dierdorf said (and spelled, what an idiot), that last punt by Ryan that pinned HOU deep was absolutely P-E-R-F-E-C-T :laugh:

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
I don't know much about the technical aspects of "holds", but I really thought all that was overblown in training camp after they cut Mesko. Allen has been very good this year when he has needed to be, which is even more impressive when you consider he's a rookie.

As Dan Dierdorf said (and spelled, what an idiot), that last punt by Ryan that pinned HOU deep was absolutely P-E-R-F-E-C-T :laugh:

:naughty:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Wasn't really giving this the time of day earlier because it is so dumb, but after thinking about it a bit, if the Pats were spying on HOU, why wait until the 2nd half to use that info? :laugh: If it were me and I had done that, I would have tooled on the Texans in the first half and continued to pile on in the 2nd half as well.

Apparently, lots of teams have been "spying" on HOU and making adjustments in close games because after yesterday, in games decided by less than 5 pts:

NE 5-2

HOU 1-6

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Wasn't really giving this the time of day earlier because it is so dumb, but after thinking about it a bit, if the Pats were spying on HOU, why wait until the 2nd half to use that info? :laugh: If it were me and I had done that, I would have tooled on the Texans in the first half and continued to pile on in the 2nd half as well.

Apparently, lots of teams have been "spying" on HOU and making adjustments in close games because after yesterday, in games decided by less than 5 pts:

NE 5-2

HOU 1-6

Houston is also now 0-6 this season when leading at halftime.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

The Texan player's argument was that they didn't start using the "new" defensive scheme until the 2nd half (so the Pats couldn't use any info in the 1st half), and it was a scheme they practiced during the week but never used before that game so the only way the Pats would know it was coming was if they were spied on during the week leading up to the game.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Texan player's argument was that they didn't start using the "new" defensive scheme until the 2nd half (so the Pats couldn't use any info in the 1st half), and it was a scheme they practiced during the week but never used before that game so the only way the Pats would know it was coming was if they were spied on during the week leading up to the game.

Occam's Razor tells me that it's not that the Pats were spying, but that the new defensive scheme was a piece of crap!

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I guess whenever the Patriots win it's luck or they cheated

1425736_10201989170483395_182235789_n.jpg

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I guess whenever the Patriots win it's luck or they cheated

1425736_10201989170483395_182235789_n.jpg

It's nothing new. Every other fanbase wants to see us lose, and when we don't, it's because we cheat or have the refs in our pockets (or in the case of the Bruins, play like goons). Why is it that practically every team I root for in any sport has this much hatred from other teams' fans? Oh well, keeps me a combination of entertained and frustrated, better than nothing, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad