Official 2013 Patriots/NFL Thread-Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

Cool, I can discuss the Patriots again

I can't see what people have been saying about Ed Reed, but my estimation is that Bill won't cut one of his depth players to bring him in.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Wouldn't mind BB bringing in ER, he has lost a step but our Dbacks are young and it could be good to get a leader in Reed back there for the playoff run.

He wouldn't replace Gregory and he sure as hell ain't replacing McCourty, but it could be a solid move for his leadership alone. Seeing how we still have Mayo and Wilfork out, both the biggest leaders on our D, you can never have enough leaders on D especially with our D and how young it is.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Wouldn't mind BB bringing in ER, he has lost a step but our Dbacks are young and it could be good to get a leader in Reed back there for the playoff run.

He wouldn't replace Gregory and he sure as hell ain't replacing McCourty, but it could be a solid move for his leadership alone. Seeing how we still have Mayo and Wilfork out, both the biggest leaders on our D, you can never have enough leaders on D especially with our D and how young it is.

This is pretty much exactly what I said in the last thread.

The latest news is that after Reed cleared waivers that the Jets, Pats, and Colts have interest, but that right now New York seems to be the most interested of the three.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Is is true that Reed complained about Houston being "outcoached" in the game where their coach collapsed and had a stroke?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
belichick also loved chad johnson and look how that turned out. given his comments on his way out in houston and the fact the ravens weren't even interested in him, i'm with bill on this one. i don't expect reed to make any significant contribution to the jets (on the field anyway). he may be able to provide some help in other areas.

acr*

Reed wanted to play for Rex again, that's his choice. We don't see the Jets again this year so it doesn't affect us at all.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Pats already won thier divison (I no not clinched but they won it)

Agreed......after today's events in Buffalo. That changed things and clearly NE is in the driver's seat. Looking at it this morning, there was a very real possibility of both teams being 7-4 after next weekend.

But I also view this as a different argument than acr was making. He made the statement that Team B's moves will have no affect on Team A because they don't face each other. Not "Team B's moves will have no affect on Team A because they are too far back in the standings to matter."

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Aside from a Pats win there is nothing better than seeing the Jets getting spanked, especially to a team like Buffalo.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly think the Panthers are a bad matchup and could beat us.

That said, I'd never bet against Tom at anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad