Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You know things are bad when fire Sacco thread reaches part 2

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I feel there never should have been a Part 2.

Haha, no kidding. If we get to a part 3 it's gonna be a sad sad day. Parts 4, 5, and 6 will probably be rolling in by the week at that point. The whole first page will be littered with nothing but closed Fire Sacco threads.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yeesh, my brain is asleep. Someone just told me that Sacco is signed through next season.

If correct, I don't think he's going anywhere, guys. :help:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeesh, my brain is asleep. Someone just told me that Sacco is signed through next season.

It is correct but I still think he's gone.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
The Kingslayer said:
I thought Duchenes issues last yr had more to do with his injuries then Sacco himself. Duchene and his damn spin moves and not using his speed. I wont blame that on Sacco just like how im not gonna give Sacco credit for Duchenes bounce back yr thus far

Absolutely the later part of the year was due to Duchene's injuries. But he didn't start the year off well, and Sacco made it pretty clear he wasn't impressed -- by playing him on the 4th line at times and limiting his minutes. Here's a memory refresher. I remember most of us were pretty outraged.

Here is the ice time log so you can see how his time was limited.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

It is sort of funny and sort of sad. In thread 2 we all thought it would be any day now.

"I wish, that, I knew what I know now......When I was younger."

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Absolutely the later part of the year was due to Duchene's injuries. But he didn't start the year off well, and Sacco made it pretty clear he wasn't impressed -- by playing him on the 4th line at times and limiting his minutes. Here's a memory refresher. I remember most of us were pretty outraged.

Here is the ice time log so you can see how his time was limited.

Hes kinda doing that with EJ this season by making him play with bums

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
A couple years ago this was a constant source of anger. I don't care so much now. Maybe it's indifference knowing that the team sucks and won't make the playoffs.

Or maybe it's having good distractions (reading about hockey history, finding upbeat sounding bands like The Strokes, etc).

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

There is a part of me that would be down for another tank. The team really could use some more high end talent in the system.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
Hes kinda doing that with EJ this season by making him play with bums

I see a pretty big distinction. There isn't a "non-bum" to pair EJ with, whereas there were plenty of wingers Duchene could have played with. His ice time has not dropped off very significantly either. Relative to the beginning of 11-12 it has, but that drop-off was over the course of last year.

Don't get me wrong, as far as winning goes I think Sacco has to go. But I suspect there is an alternative goal right now, which is a focus on individual accountability development of the young talent we have. Other possibilities include (1) we're cheap and (2) we are tanking. Neither of those sit well with me, so I'm deluding myself into believing otherwise.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

I don't think he is going anywhere until his contract is up. They gave Sacco a two year contract after the team missed the playoffs.

Why would they buy him out and let him go now? Its not like he was extended because the Avs made the playoffs, he was extended when the team sucked and they continue to suck.

Sacco will coach next year, and i'm actually hoping another bottom finish and another high draft pick. That's the only way the Avs are gonna get better.

Pens, Hawks etc...all went through many years of bottom feeding before they built their teams into contenders with high draft picks.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
You'd really be okay with 82 more games of this? Seriously?

I could survive it.

It wouldn't be fun, but the Avs still need more top end talent at wing and defense. If we have to tank this year and next in order to get a first line wing and a top pairing defenseman, then so be it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

It's standard. You can't extend a coach for just one year. He'd be a lame duck.

Sacco's salary is so low, relatively speaking, that canning him this summer wouldn't be a problem.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You'd really be okay with 82 more games of this? Seriously?

I don't think this board could take it. It would constantly crash with traffic of all the venting posts, and we'd all end up getting banned for profanity and eventually turning on one another. It'd basically turn into Lord of the Flies around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad