** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater throwing Boucher's name out there....

Guy Boucher? I think his availability is intriguing right now. I think there’s a chance he could be the next Avs coach. But that’s all: just a chance. Nothing is immediately imminent.

Any connection to Lacroix or the Avs?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd take pretty much all of those guys over Sacco.

I'm especially intrested in AV, Torts, and Laviolette.

Laviolette would be perfect for us. Not as a cup contender coach IMO, but he would be perfect to make us a consistent playoff contender and continue player growth.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Laviolette would be perfect for us. Not as a cup contender coach IMO, but he would be perfect to make us a consistent playoff contender and continue player growth.
I disagree, he's a good enough coach to win a cup with. If we get him, I see no reason to keep thinking about bringing in a better coach.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
adater ‏@adater 2m
Guy Boucher is intriguing to Avs. We'll see if it happens

Hard to say if Dater is just spewing crap or if actually knows anything... I'll lean on the side of spewing crap.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
adater ‏@adater 1m
Guy Boucher is intriguing to Avs. We'll see if it happens

What does this mean exactly? "intriguing to Avs" ?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Dater had a decent record this summer when it came to being first with these types of news.

Avs work behind closed doors more than any organisation. Can't fault him for not being in the know about everything.

member 116861

Dater had a decent record this summer when it came to being first with these types of news.

Avs work behind closed doors more than any organisation. Can't fault him for not being in the know about everything.

That is true but Dater uses that excuse way too much for his half-assed work.

anleva

Aug 2, 2005
Jeff Marek and Greg Wyshynski were talking coach firings today. Sacco was at the top of their list of potential coach firings. Anyone could identify Sacco as a dead coach walking at this point. What was more interesting is this: I dunno if Marek has any hints of stuff (probably not), but his thinking was that a major housecleaning was coming after the season for Colorado. He said Sacco and Sherman to go and replaced by Eric Lacroix as GM.

It actually seems pretty plausible with some of the Lacroix-ish moves we've seen going back to last season. Eric has been VP of Hockey Operations for a number of years now. It would be no surprise if he was being groomed for the GM role and Sherman was just a placeholder.

Oh please god no.

Ladies and gentleman the man to lead us out of the wilderness.

lacroix_pic.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Don't want Boucher. Any coach that has players do pushups in practice for making mistakes will need to be replaced in a couple of years because that **** never works in the long run.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Don't want Boucher. Any coach that has players do pushups in practice for making mistakes will need to be replaced in a couple of years because that **** never works in the long run.

Seriously? That's peewee crap. I don't even coach kids that way, I let them make me do pushups if everyone scores on our shooting drills.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If Sherman gets fired and is replaced by Eric Lacroix, reading these boards is going to be so much fun.

Lol at you guys for thinking that IF Eric Lacroix is 'next in line' for the GM position, that Greg Sherman is taking any real decisions over his at the current time. Pierre is still the president and IS definitely still deeply involved in player decisions.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Sherman and Sacco get fired and have someone like Sakic or Eric Lacroix named as GM. As has been mentioned countless times, Sherman wouldn't have gotten another GM position otherwise and how in the world did they even promote Joe Sacco with that piss-poor AHL resume to begin with?

Even if that does happen, it's STILL going to be business as usual.

I really don't get the Lacroix 'hate'. I mean, I understand that fans are pissed with the 'secrecy' and all that but since 2009 they have started building a pretty impressive lineup and if/when that ends with another top 3 pick in 2013, they are going to be pretty tough to stop in 2-3 years.

Or would you guys all prefer we handled our 're-build' like the leafs? I don't care what their record is, they are going nowhere. As soon as the 'Carlyle effect' wears off, you're going to start to see some serious warts on that team. I bet they don't make the playoffs NEXT year. There are a good handful of teams that are not built the right way and while they are still winning/above .500, they'll be good/decent/mediocre any given year and will never really go anywhere.

The Lacroix are building this team to run over other clubs. That's what they are trying to do here, it can't be a 'secret', it's painfully obvious! They want to make sure that they are a contender for the next 10-12 years...not one of these borderline teams that hopes their goalie gets red hot so they can go on a run.

JeffFingerDiscount

Feb 15, 2010
Lol at you guys for thinking that IF
The Lacroix are building this team to run over other clubs. That's what they are trying to do here, it can't be a 'secret', it's painfully obvious! They want to make sure that they are a contender for the next 10-12 years...not one of these borderline teams that hopes their goalie gets red hot so they can go on a run.

I don't doubt that they'd like to build a team that can run over other clubs and be a perennial contender. Who wouldn't want that? If that's what they want though, they need to hire or foster talent at all levels of the organization. To me, the most telling thing that this organization appears to rarely have other organizations trying to hire our guys away, or we that we rarely hear of front office management from Colorado going on to do great things.

In the past five years, it's looking like Quennville and Quinn are going to be the only two Colorado Avalanche alumni who go on to bigger things. Cloutier is helping to preside over a tire fire in Calgary, Lefebvre is coaching junior. Kono, Deadmarsh, etc all pretty much out of the league in terms of management. Is Gigure even in Dallas anymore?

Meanwhile we promoted Sacco, a middling AHL coach, hired Chennyworth, who is going about .500 with the best AHL team we've iced in years, and promoted a previously unknown accountant to GM.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a supporter of a lot of the hockey moves we've made, but the people in the Avs organization who are hired rather than drafted do not to appear to be the best they could be. Or they all started out in the snack bar and got promoted to management eventually.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol at you guys for thinking that IF Eric Lacroix is 'next in line' for the GM position, that Greg Sherman is taking any real decisions over his at the current time. Pierre is still the president and IS definitely still deeply involved in player decisions.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Sherman and Sacco get fired and have someone like Sakic or Eric Lacroix named as GM. As has been mentioned countless times, Sherman wouldn't have gotten another GM position otherwise and how in the world did they even promote Joe Sacco with that piss-poor AHL resume to begin with?

I really don't get the Lacroix 'hate'. I mean, I understand that fans are pissed with the 'secrecy' and all that but since 2009 they have started building a pretty impressive lineup and if/when that ends with another top 3 pick in 2013, they are going to be pretty tough to stop in 2-3 years.

Or would you guys all prefer we handled our 're-build' like the leafs? I don't care what their record is, they are going nowhere. As soon as the 'Carlyle effect' wears off, you're going to start to see some serious warts on that team. I bet they don't make the playoffs NEXT year. There are a good handful of teams that are not built the right way and while they are still winning/above .500, they'll be good/decent/mediocre any given year and will never really go anywhere.

Are you kidding me? So the Leafs haven't rebuilt their team properly with a group of players that includes

Nazem Kadri
James van Riemsdyk
Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul
Jake Gardiner
Dion Phaneuf

Complementary players like Matt Frattin, Tyler Bozak, Mikhail Grabovski, Nikolai Kulemin

Then, a great group of prospects like Morgan Rielly, Tyler Biggs, Joe Colborne, and Jesse Blacker

Do the Avs have a better young core? Sure, with Duchene, O'Reilly, Landeskog and another potential top 3 pick this season but that has come with losing, Duchene was 3rd, Landeskog 2nd, O'Reilly was a gem but whoever this pick is will be three top 3 picks. The Leafs have drafted ONE of their core players in the top 10, Nazem Kadri. The rest they have been bold with trades, free agency, or just smart drafting

You give the Leafs a goaltender next season and I guarantee you they will not only make the playoffs, but they will be challenging for the division. Can you imagine the pressure these guys go through? Do you think the Avs would be able to go on this long if they were in Canada? Absolutely not, at least the Leafs know year in and year out that they are making whatever move they can for the betterment of the team

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005

Only one Leaf is over 30 years old (Liles). IMO, that's the biggest reason for the warts you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad