Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yep. Here's a sneak peak at the new jerseys

WalleyeHobsonTuxJersey.jpg

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I wish.

We need to get rid of that Reebok cookie cutter **** design.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
the authentics are only $130 now in the intl shop. seems like a great buy if the jerseys stay the same

Master Shake*

I wish.

We need to get rid of that Reebok cookie cutter **** design.

Be careful what you wish for, we could end up with Nike and their urban designs.

This needs to be the jersey imo.

th

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Be careful what you wish for, we could end up with Nike and their urban designs.

This needs to be the jersey imo.

th

I'm thinking this or something very close to it may be the alternate next season.

It makes too much sense. Fans have been begging the Pens for this for yrs.

Veryparipari

Mar 17, 2014
Singapore
i thought that's replica pricing (on the nhl site at least).. the authentics have always cost over $200 without name/numbers i think?

Yeah .. has been $260 and with like 20% discount .. so its about $220 and they are $130 and giving out free pens key chains

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm thinking this or something very close to it may be the alternate next season.

It makes too much sense. Fans have been begging the Pens for this for yrs.

I'm hoping it's fairly loyal to that, but I'm expecting a 'new' version of that general design. The gold swap, unfortunately, isn't going to happen any time soon, but as long as it's the same basic jersey with the golds switched I'd be very happy. I'd be much happier if it's a straight-up throwback...which eventually leads to it taking over for our current mediocrities. From what little we've heard the Penguins are looking to their past for the new jersey, so we don't have to worry about them putting too much into Rbk's hands.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Uniform history

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56510

For the record, I hate the Bank Logo 1999 one.

Id like to see us go to the 1991 jerseys with the home alts being the Blue 72 ones

3.jpg

I doubt they go to a third blue alternate. Thats been done to death.

I wouldn't mind the 91 in vegas gold as the alternate. Would rather go full on 91 jersey but for me its an acceptable alternate design.

Face it fellow Pens fans. Vegas gold is going to be here for awhile. Mario likes it, its a primary color at CEC, case closed.

Master Shake*

I'm hoping it's fairly loyal to that, but I'm expecting a 'new' version of that general design. The gold swap, unfortunately, isn't going to happen any time soon, but as long as it's the same basic jersey with the golds switched I'd be very happy. I'd be much happier if it's a straight-up throwback...which eventually leads to it taking over for our current mediocrities. From what little we've heard the Penguins are looking to their past for the new jersey, so we don't have to worry about them putting too much into Rbk's hands.

I hate league contracts to be frank. Each team should be free to negotiate their own contract.

I wonder if there are any stipulations in the contract that prohibit a complete return to an old jersey.

Btw here is an even better jersey history link

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins.html

Master Shake*

I doubt they go to a third blue alternate. Thats been done to death.

I wouldn't mind the 91 in vegas gold as the alternate. Would rather go full on 91 jersey but for me its an acceptable alternate design.

Face it fellow Pens fans. Vegas gold is going to be here for awhile. Mario likes it, its a primary color at CEC, case closed.

We have to hope the 91 is at least the ALT and that superstition takes hold and makes it the unofficial main

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That Lemieux Rookie jersey, I like it in a Shadow box with a Lemieux rookie card and a Penguins puck, like I have it. I never want to see those bright as hell yellow jerseys ever on the ice unless it's a third jersey.

I would like the 1991-92 jerseys back like everyone else.

It would be nice to ditch this vegas gold era.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Been mentioned, but here's a more detailed summary from Icethetics:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Reebok Says
Expect a new third jersey for the Penguins.

Media Reports
Rob Rossi and Josh Yohe, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, noted that the Pens have "tentative plans for a new alternate jersey that could debut next season." They added, "a design is not finalized, but under consideration is a jersey similar to the ones the Penguins wore during their 1991 and 1992 Stanley Cup runs."

The Upshot
Fans have long begged the Penguins to bring back those late '80s sweaters with the classic gold hue that was dropped in 2002. After a few years of blue thirds — and this season without a third — there's no better time for this to happen.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
The Pens are always near the top of jersey rankings but I think ours are a bit boring. I'm a big fan of the old gold and the severed penguin head logo. I think the Blues have the best jerseys in the league (including their third jersey). Steal dat gold piping.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That Lemieux Rookie jersey, I like it in a Shadow box with a Lemieux rookie card and a Penguins puck, like I have it. I never want to see those bright as hell yellow jerseys ever on the ice unless it's a third jersey.

Any hope/fear about the golds being a full-time jersey went out the window when the Predators inexplicably reversed decades of history and made gold a home color.

At least the Kings are bringing back their golds for their retro nights (shelving purple for a while), but the Predators have set the precedent that road must be white. Jerks.

I fully expect the new jersey to be black...but down the line we could see a vegas gold version of that Lemieux rookie pre-season jersey...
image.jpg

Last edited:

Penguinzilla*

I thought we were becoming a trapping team like New Jersey when I read the subject heh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad