Speculation: Offer sheets

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The only players worth matching is Mantha, Bert, and Fabbri. Do I think other teams send and offer sheet (assuming the player agrees and signs)? Not likely as Detroit would match unless it was something ridiculous.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I don't think there is any players left we wouldn't match unless we are talking max cap and term which won't happen. If any offer sheets happen it would be a pain but also flattering.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I was about to scoff at that number, then I looked at his stats the past couple seasons. I hope Mantha turns into that type of player.

I'd let Mantha walk if the number was close to 6.5mil, because he hasn't done enough to earn it. At 6mil, I'd most likely match.

So at $6M - which feels about right for Mantha at this point - would net a 1st and a 3rd;

$6.5M - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
No one from any team signs and moves with an offer sheet!
Yeah they're pretty rare, Plus Detroit has the most cap space of any team going into this summer. Even if the cap stays at $84 million plus with Z on LTIR that gives us close to $44 million to spend. Unless a GM really goes high say on Mantha. I can't see Yzerman not matching.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure I let Mantha go for a first, second and third.

I sort of half expect him to be traded to Montreal at the draft anyway, but not quite sure what the return will be. I guess we will see how contract talks go.

It would be unwise to target Detroit.

I don't think we can target another team with our rebuild this uncertain. Though a good evening on April 9th and Krug walking into free agency might get me thinking on dropping a more aggressive stance, I still don't think we would be there but there would need to be a lot of sliding pieces. We would likely need to unload Nielsen's contract and buyout Abdelkader while signing a goalie like Lehner, landing Krug and getting Lafreniere in the draft lottery, it is a stupid amount of things needing to happen for me to believe we consider an offer-sheet. I don't think it is something Yzerman is considering at all, we are too bad to be in that business right now.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Not sure I let Mantha go for a first, second and third.

I sort of half expect him to be traded to Montreal at the draft anyway, but not quite sure what the return will be. I guess we will see how contract talks go.

It would be unwise to target Detroit.

I don't think we can target another team with our rebuild this uncertain. Though a good evening on April 9th and Krug walking into free agency might get me thinking on dropping a more aggressive stance, I still don't think we would be there but there would need to be a lot of sliding pieces. We would likely need to unload Nielsen's contract and buyout Abdelkader while signing a goalie like Lehner, landing Krug and getting Lafreniere in the draft lottery, it is a stupid amount of things needing to happen for me to believe we consider an offer-sheet. I don't think it is something Yzerman is considering at all, we are too bad to be in that business right now.

But offer sheet is not common in NHL at all. The last time it happened it was Fedorov. And even then the Canes waited for a long time before doing it. As I have understood it GMs consider it a very ungentlemanly move.

Why do you think Mantha to Montreal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad