Speculation: Offer sheets

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
But offer sheet is not common in NHL at all. The last time it happened it was Fedorov. And even then the Canes waited for a long time before doing it. As I have understood it GMs consider it a very ungentlemanly move.

Why do you think Mantha to Montreal?

Aho got an offer-sheet from Montreal last year. They are very rare, Penner is the last one I can think of where the player actually went and the offer sheet wasn't matched.

I don't think Mantha would go in an offer sheet, I believe we would deal him if we have problems in negotiations.

I want Mantha here long term, I am just not sure it is a slam dunk, if Yzerman doesn't like how the negotiations go I can see him being shipped elsewhere. With Montreal hosting the draft it would be a splashy move if they don't like what is on the board. It would take their 1st plus, but I can see that happening in June.

I don't see us as players in an offer sheet one way or the other, we are a fairly dumb team to attack on with them right now and we are too uncertain to unprotect the picks in my opinion.

Reactions: 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Aho got an offer-sheet from Montreal last year. They are very rare, Penner is the last one I can think of where the player actually went and the offer sheet wasn't matched.

I don't think Mantha would go in an offer sheet, I believe we would deal him if we have problems in negotiations.

I want Mantha here long term, I am just not sure it is a slam dunk, if Yzerman doesn't like how the negotiations go I can see him being shipped elsewhere. With Montreal hosting the draft it would be a splashy move if they don't like what is on the board. It would take their 1st plus, but I can see that happening in June.

I don't see us as players in an offer sheet one way or the other, we are a fairly dumb team to attack on with them right now and we are too uncertain to unprotect the picks in my opinion.

I am more or less impressed by the job Yzerman has done so far. I think he recognised the issue with AA early and he decided to move him.

Mantha on the other hand is a big power forward, some are probably tempted to discuss whether he is a power forward or not but that is a different discussion, who are far and difficult to find. And I think Yzerman will not have a problem signing him.
The biggest problem for our top line is that they do not get any help from our secondary scoring nor from defence. So their production suffers.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I am more or less impressed by the job Yzerman has done so far. I think he recognised the issue with AA early and he decided to move him.

Mantha on the other hand is a big power forward, some are probably tempted to discuss whether he is a power forward or not but that is a different discussion, who are far and difficult to find. And I think Yzerman will not have a problem signing him.
The biggest problem for our top line is that they do not get any help from our secondary scoring nor from defence. So their production suffers.

is it a coincidence the team looks more cohesive and competitive since AA's departure?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
This thread is about Detroit players.

Does anyone think they would sign one?

Edit: who would target Detroit?
And why would a team target our RFAs when we've like $45 million is summer in cap space? Assuming the $84 million plus Zetterberg on LTIR. Unless some crazy GM cough MB offer sheets Mantha at say $8 to $9 million per we're easily in a position to match it. We should definitely be targeting other teams RFAs Tampa comes in mind Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
And why would a team target our RFAs when we've like $45 million is summer in cap space? Assuming the $84 million plus Zetterberg on LTIR. Unless some crazy GM cough MB offer sheets Mantha at say $8 to $9 million per we're easily in a position to match it. We should definitely be targeting other teams RFAs Tampa comes in mind Sergachev, Cirelli and Cernak.
You realize any offer sheet above $4M involves giving away our first round pick +

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Maybe that team wants the player. And being in a position to match is great, but it comes down to how much you want to pay them within your cap system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad