Eklund Rumor: Offer Sheets for Kucherov

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'll never understand the whiners, crying about Eklund.
If you don't like his rumours, leave. The only one keeping you here is you. What's the point in the crying and complaining. Obviously most can take it for what it is, a topic and discussion starter.
If you can't grasp this obvious fact, maybe the Internet is to much for you to deal with.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If you don't like his rumours, leave. The only one keeping you here is you. What's the point in the crying and complaining. Obviously most can take it for what it is, a topic and discussion starter.
If you can't grasp this obvious fact, maybe the Internet is to much for you to deal with.

You don't say?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Nashville Predators have the picks and the cap space.
Also probably the most sensible place for Kucherov as they are drooling for a first line winger to play with Ryjo and Neal.

Just dont think Poile would offersheet anyone ever, but he is getting towards the end of his career one would think and has still never won a cup, and is disgustingly close with the Preds right now, just a couple pieces needed.....

Poile also getting wild lately by trading the Jones/Ryjo and Weber/Subban deals very recently...

This could make a lot of sense.
Kucherov could be that final piece for Poile to acquire.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
According to general fanager NSH has 5.4M in cap space. If Poile had a deal in place to turn Wilson or Smith into something that bring around 2M more, we could offer sheet him aswell.

Do I think it's likely? Nah, just entertaining myself with the idea.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY

No one else on this site is allowed to make a post claiming to have sources and start a rumor, which is exactly what Eklund does. Also, these "rumors" clutter the board with what turns out to be incorrect information 99.9% of the time and fuels ideas which are then discussed here and treated as actual rumors, thus cluttering the board even more.

It's one thing for people to come up with their own ideas and discuss them here. It's a whole other thing for someone to claim "sources" are telling him that this is true.

buttman*

That little voice in the back of Eklund's head just never goes away.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Yeah, I'm sure the Habs can put together an offer sheet with their $855k of cap space. :rolleyes:

Mtl will have 2M$ in cap space when Matteau is sent down.

Trade Emelin and buy DD out and there it is.

If not, trade Pacioretty for quality prospects or picks.

I know it most probably never happen. I'M just saying , if Bergevin absolutely wants Kucherov and make an offersheet, he can work something out.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...-for-Kucherov-Buzzcast-Steen-Extended/1/79398

"I have heard Vancouver, Montreal, the Devils and the Blues tied to possible offer sheets.."

Never a dull moment with Eklund around.
So...
Chances???

Lol Eklund:shakehead, Only the New Jersey Devils have the cap space to offer sheet Kucherov. Montreal, Vancouver and St Louis have less then Tampa so how's that going to work out. So this means that Kucherov wont get offer sheeted here. Pretty sure he's looking for around $7 million to $7.5 million per long term. How many of those teams can afford to surrender 2 1st 2nd 3rd round picks or so. Doubt any of them can.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
According to general fanager NSH has 5.4M in cap space. If Poile had a deal in place to turn Wilson or Smith into something that bring around 2M more, we could offer sheet him aswell.

Do I think it's likely? Nah, just entertaining myself with the idea.

actually once we send one of the dmen (i'll say Granberg) and a Forward (I'll say Bass) down to Milwaukee, we'd have about 6.5M. Would be tight but possible. But this would be a highly unlikely scenario. Better odds of pairing Smith and Dougherty or Fabbro for the rights to Kucherov

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
It'll never happen, but Kucherov fits so perfectly with the Islanders. With Grabovski likely hitting LTIR they have the cap space, and a glaring hole at right wing.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
So no offersheet for Kucherov under any circumstances?

Supposedly makes sense. Sheets have been very rare and no reason to burn bridges over Kuch.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Montreal is gonna offer sheet Kucherov with the 1.4M we have left in capspace, oh yea and we're looking for a LW'er... Eklund at his best as usual.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Montreal is gonna offer sheet Kucherov with the 1.4M we have left in capspace, oh yea and we're looking for a LW'er... Eklund at his best as usual.

Kucherov plays both wings. If the habs wanted to offer sheet anybody they would have dumped both Emelin and DD, but too late...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
actually once we send one of the dmen (i'll say Granberg) and a Forward (I'll say Bass) down to Milwaukee, we'd have about 6.5M. Would be tight but possible. But this would be a highly unlikely scenario. Better odds of pairing Smith and Dougherty or Fabbro for the rights to Kucherov

TB matches $6.5 without blinking. I wouldn't doubt the current offer is close to that.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
No one else on this site is allowed to make a post claiming to have sources and start a rumor, which is exactly what Eklund does. Also, these "rumors" clutter the board with what turns out to be incorrect information 99.9% of the time and fuels ideas which are then discussed here and treated as actual rumors, thus cluttering the board even more.

It's one thing for people to come up with their own ideas and discuss them here. It's a whole other thing for someone to claim "sources" are telling him that this is true.

It's like 1 every couple weeks really, it doesn't clutter up the board. The first part I agree with you on. This is a rumours site, he posts rumours, many on here just love to come in and complain, and that's all they do, what a colossal waste of time.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Mtl will have 2M$ in cap space when Matteau is sent down.

Trade Emelin and buy DD out and there it is.

If not, trade Pacioretty for quality prospects or picks.

I know it most probably never happen. I'M just saying , if Bergevin absolutely wants Kucherov and make an offersheet, he can work something out.

Window for a buyout is closed. The notion of an offer sheet from the Habs is incredibly far-fetched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad