Offer sheet worry

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Depends on term. 3 years: ~$4M per, 2 years: ~$3.3M per. These are guesses, lol. I'm sure the Hawks would really, really like a 3 year deal, but are the dollars there? (if they are, I'd bump the offer to $4.5M). Kubalik's gonna take the shorter term deal, the way I've framed it. No brainer.

If anything, this makes the case stronger for moving Saad this offseason.

One final thought: Kubalik > Cat. If push comes to shove...

My thoughts too, that if it comes down to it, you move on from Saad for younger, upstart winger or Center? And be able to keep, lock-up Koob for longer. Even agree on the Cat, if it comes down to, move Cat over Koob.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
My thoughts too, that if it comes down to it, you move on from Saad for younger, upstart winger or Center? And be able to keep, lock-up Koob for longer. Even agree on the Cat, if it comes down to, move Cat over Koob.
One other thought, any feelings for looking into Saad and Dylan Strome to Calgary Flames for say, winger
Andrew Mangiapane and C- Michael Backlund?
Backlund is less $'s than Saad, a very effective top 6 C and has 4 years term still at lower $5 mils. Mangiapane is an up-n-coming winger who is an RFA, like Strome, but likely resigned at much lower AAV.
Not sure on Calgary's thoughts on this, but I do know their fan base is calling for change. Could break up Johnny and Monahan into 2 lines, with on a line with Strome Centerring Johnny Hockey and Lindholm, and Monahan Centerring Saad and Tkachuk?
Chi could easily find places, spaces for Backlund and Mangiapane. Or even have Calgary add a prospect?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Watch out for Toronto -"Center of the universe" so they think- will find a way (probably illegal for any other team) to "circumvent" the $$'s to offer Koob over $5 mil whereby Chi'Hawks cannot match! Hope it doesn't happen and we can sign him.
Would piss me off but hope T.O. can't go this route!
STAN should figure out how Change & T.O. keep renewing all these high paid player's while technically being over the cap limit??
The exact same circumvention we used with Hossa to win 3 cups?

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Watch out for Toronto -"Center of the universe" so they think- will find a way (probably illegal for any other team) to "circumvent" the $$'s to offer Koob over $5 mil whereby Chi'Hawks cannot match! Hope it doesn't happen and we can sign him.
Would piss me off but hope T.O. can't go this route!
STAN should figure out how Change & T.O. keep renewing all these high paid player's while technically being over the cap limit??

Recapture contracts can't happen anymore. I figure we all have a ceiling that we're okay on spending for Koob given our cap state, the players we can likely move, and the risk of him pulling a Debrincat. Once we go above that? take the pics and run. I hope the upper brass is paying attention though because a couple of Stan's deals put us in this situation.

The exact same circumvention we used with Hossa to win 3 cups?
Again, not possible anymore. However, Keith is still on a recapture as well.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Recapture contracts can't happen anymore. I figure we all have a ceiling that we're okay on spending for Koob given our cap state, the players we can likely move, and the risk of him pulling a Debrincat. Once we go above that? take the pics and run. I hope the upper brass is paying attention though because a couple of Stan's deals put us in this situation.

Again, not possible anymore. However, Keith is still on a recapture as well.
I’m just saying Chicago fans have no room to complain about salary cap finesse.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
One other thought, any feelings for looking into Saad and Dylan Strome to Calgary Flames for say, winger
Andrew Mangiapane and C- Michael Backlund?
Backlund is less $'s than Saad, a very effective top 6 C and has 4 years term still at lower $5 mils. Mangiapane is an up-n-coming winger who is an RFA, like Strome, but likely resigned at much lower AAV.
Not sure on Calgary's thoughts on this, but I do know their fan base is calling for change. Could break up Johnny and Monahan into 2 lines, with on a line with Strome Centerring Johnny Hockey and Lindholm, and Monahan Centerring Saad and Tkachuk?
Chi could easily find places, spaces for Backlund and Mangiapane. Or even have Calgary add a prospect?

Sit in timeout since that is straight garbage and you should be ashamed

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
With a flat cap, no one is throwing around offer sheets

If Cernak doesn't receive an offer sheet, I'll be surprised. With the bind Tampa is in, a 4 M per would be tough for them to match and would only cost a 2nd round pick. Cernak is a 23 year old big, mobile, gritty RHD that has some skill. So many teams are looking for players like him. For a team like Vancouver or Toronto they should definitely offersheet him.

Reactions: Pertti

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If Cernak doesn't receive an offer sheet, I'll be surprised. With the bind Tampa is in, a 4 M per would be tough for them to match and would only cost a 2nd round pick. Cernak is a 23 year old big, mobile, gritty RHD that has some skill. So many teams are looking for players like him. For a team like Vancouver or Toronto they should definitely offersheet him.
Hawks should put in an offer sheet on Sergachev.

If they match, cool. No harm, no foul. If they don’t, Hawks have a new #1 defenseman.

You can go up to five years and $8.7 million in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd compensation tier. Not saying to go that high, but that’s the max of that tier.

Even $8.7 though is almost exactly the cost of de Haan and Maatta combined.

Sergachev >> de Haan + Maatta, imo. But my opinion on defensemen is also pretty shit haha.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad