GDT: Offensive Ineptitude at it's finest: Canes @ Flyers

Jun 13, 2010
NC
Definitely didn't deserve to win but good God they got that penalty call backwards in OT. Curious as to how Rask can be holding another player's stick when that player is putting his body between Rask and the puck and clearly gripping his stick with one hand

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
How can you possibly make that call and take way 3 on 3 OT? It's wasn't a penalty at all. Like not close. At least the Faulk penalty was just a weak call that you could justify with the rule book. This wasn't a penalty in any way. Ugh God it's just a point that will likely never matter but it's just frustrating how piss poor the officiating is sometimes.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I wish this wasn't hockey and a coach or player could actually tell you what they thought of the officiating, it would be very entertaining.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Nothing wrong with what Malone did, just an unfortunate incident.

Ehhhh... I love Malone in the lineup, but some of these hits are borderline slewfoots.

So Canes play McClement, Nash, Terry, Pesce and Hainsey on the PP?

The ****?

Why not?

How can you possibly make that call and take way 3 on 3 OT? It's wasn't a penalty at all. Like not close. At least the Faulk penalty was just a weak call that you could justify with the rule book. This wasn't a penalty in any way. Ugh God it's just a point that will likely never matter but it's just frustrating how piss poor the officiating is sometimes.

It was a fitting end after Rod's Ed Snider story.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ehhhh... I love Malone in the lineup, but some of these hits are borderline slewfoots.

Guys get tangled up in hits all the time. People then watch it in slow mo and determine there was something wrong with it. That's what I saw, two guys getting tangled up and nothing wrong with it. We, as Canes fans just aren't used to it because the team is allergic to contact.

I watched the Flyers feed and they were about as homer as homer could get last night about pretty much every call, but even they said there was nothing wrong with the hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad