Post-Game Talk: Offense Fixed and the Ice Broke - Wings crush Islanders 5-1

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
The whole team has had trouble hitting the net. And he is just coming off a injury. The list of small players that have been successful is a long one. Patrick Kane is probably roughly his size. He seems to be doing alll right:sarcasm:

he doesn't win puck battles or play physical and is easy to knock off the puck. the dude is soft

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
he doesn't win puck battles or play physical and is easy to knock off the puck. the dude is soft

I don't care about that that much.

I care about his shooting. If he's soft and loses battles but plays with people who can get him the puck that's fine with me. As long as he's hitting the net. It seems like he misses too much to me. There have been times when he has time and space and still sends it wide. Ends up clearing the zone for the other team. Very frustrating.

Aug 6, 2012

I have to disagree. Pulkkinen is far from soft. He'll go to the dirty areas in front of the net and he will battle it out in the corner. His effectiveness in those areas is a different story, but he plays hockey to score goals and he'll do what it takes

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
He's not mentally soft (i.e., he's willing to engage), but he's so weak on the puck. Constantly pushed off it with ease. I remain hopeful that this is something he can learn, but it's glaring at this point.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
He's not mentally soft (i.e., he's willing to engage), but he's so weak on the puck. Constantly pushed off it with ease. I remain hopeful that this is something he can learn, but it's glaring at this point.

Yeah this is a common theme with most of our players unfortunately. Nyquist, Tatar, Helm, even Datsyuk these days. All practically useless along the wall if the defenseman is actually playing them with their body. Zetterberg is still great at protecting the puck and staying up but his speed is so poor these days that he's not nearly the same overall player.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I don't care about that that much.

I care about his shooting. If he's soft and loses battles but plays with people who can get him the puck that's fine with me. As long as he's hitting the net. It seems like he misses too much to me. There have been times when he has time and space and still sends it wide. Ends up clearing the zone for the other team. Very frustrating.

agreed. If he could actually hit the damn net, the other stuff wouldn't matter as much. But if he can't hit the net his shot is useless and he's just another soft small forward on a team that already has a bunch of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad