OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
How fast should it typically take to go from, "I'm basically 95% healthy in all metrics." to "Oh shit, I need to monitor my diet, food, medication to avoid serious problems!"?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
US inflation came in higher than expected. Of course that means Canadian markets are taking an absolute beating after showing nothing in the first month and a half of 2024. Incremental gains and then mass dips when any piece of bad news comes out :(

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How fast should it typically take to go from, "I'm basically 95% healthy in all metrics." to "Oh shit, I need to monitor my diet, food, medication to avoid serious problems!"?
Age 50 seems to be the turning point. After 50 the body seems to start to break down at an extraordinary rate. ... at least it did for me.

Reactions: Fig

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
We had 20-30cm snow last night. I went to the parking lot in the morning and cleared some snow around my car, but I think my neighbour is not gonna like driving into his parking space whenever he comes back home

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We had 20-30cm snow last night. I went to the parking lot in the morning and cleared some snow around my car, but I think my neighbour is not gonna like driving into his parking space whenever he comes back home
Welcome to Cana...Finland!

Reactions: Kahvi

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Blegh... Over last week and a half I'm getting really sick again. Doesn't matter what precautions I take. Stupid illnesses go away!

• Wow
Reactions: super6646

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Blegh... Over last week and a half I'm getting really sick again. Doesn't matter what precautions I take. Stupid illnesses go away!
Jesus dude, that's getting ridiculous. I hope it turns around for you

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Had the same feeling last yr. Every month it was always something from September to April. Tons of viral infections, had a throat thing for over a month. Super demoralizing, hope you don’t go through the same spell my man.

• Wow

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Had the same feeling last yr. Every month it was always something from September to April. Tons of viral infections, had a throat thing for over a month. Super demoralizing, hope you don’t go through the same spell my man.
I really hope our bodies rebuild their immune systems soon, after a couple/few years of avoiding any kind of germs we can't even fight off things like the common cold like we used to

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Last year it was like a two weeks of brutal illness early in the year. This time it's like two months with about 3 total weeks I was basically wrecked (since boxing day ish).

Agreed on the demoralizing part. It sucks feeling like at 90% only to tumble back down to 45-65% 12 hours later. I've tried almost everything.

The roller coaster of uncertainly as a Flames fan sucks enough. The physical health going up and down like a Flames future forecast is like salt in the wounds. :(

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Last year it was like a two weeks of brutal illness early in the year. This time it's like two months with about 3 total weeks I was basically wrecked (since boxing day ish).

Agreed on the demoralizing part. It sucks feeling like at 90% only to tumble back down to 45-65% 12 hours later. I've tried almost everything.

The roller coaster of uncertainly as a Flames fan sucks enough. The physical health going up and down like a Flames future forecast is like salt in the wounds. :(
This sounds like my gout issues (the up and down). In the past I was able to control my gout by watching what I eat and not eating too much red meat. When it did flare up, it really f***ing sucked as it was in my ankle and I'd be on crutches for a few days.

But I've recently learned gout flare-ups can be caused by emotional stress... and with it, it's flaring up f***ing everywhere.... After my dad passed, I had it flare up in my foot/ankle, knee and hand; all on my left side. I finally got it under control for the funeral, then boom, it's flared up again, in all those those joints again. Looking back, I actually now notice a pattern of my flareups getting worse as my dad got worse.

And I totally get the demoralizing part, one day you feel decent and the next you're basically an invalid.

Reactions: Blanka and Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Unlimited Chequing

Not hung yet but I finally framed em
1000001770.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I should have become an optometrist, what a racket. they want a minimum of $600 for new glasses (w/ progressive lenses)... yet through eyebuydirect, I ordered new specs for just under $145... even clearly would have charged me over $300

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Lunatik I flipped through some of the tracks. I feels weird hearing him use the n-word.
It was a bit unexpected, but we both know the use has been about "taking it back". And I have little doubt that coming up as a hockey player it's something he was called regularly. Honestly with him being African and Chinese I can only imagine the shit he's had to deal with the last half decade.

Also, as a white dude, it's not my job to police his use of the word, I just can't and won't use it. The main board thread was gross with comments about it like saying he's not lack enough to use it, to him not being poor enough to use it.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad