OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

May 27, 2012
Earth
I'm assuming that all of Canada's athletes and team members are fully vaccinated.
What I don't understand is why the IOC didn't go out of there way to ensure that EVERY team member from every country is fully vaccinated... unless they are?

Not every country has access to vaccines yet. And poorer nations will have a hard time getting those vaccines too. I agree, that most athletes should be vaccinated but the vaccination rates that other countries have a lack/or hereof does not surprise me that the IOC would not go out of their way to make sure.

I mean, the Olympics shouldn't happen anyways.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Not every country has access to vaccines yet. And poorer nations will have a hard time getting those vaccines too. I agree, that most athletes should be vaccinated but the vaccination rates that other countries have a lack/or hereof does not surprise me that the IOC would not go out of their way to make sure.

I mean, the Olympics shouldn't happen anyways.
Ya... I realize that a lot of countries have difficulty vaccinating their citizens which makes it even more unimaginable that the IOC, who is trying to put on a billion dollar entertainment spectacle, wouldn't go out of way to ensure every participant was fully vaccinated... even if they had to supply and administer the vaccine themselves.
To me its mind boggling that they wouldn't. The cost would be minimal but the safety aspect is immeasurable.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
latest

I'm looking forward to watching athletes doing athletic things.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Was great seeing @InfinityIggy @tfong @Janks @Flames Fanatic last night. Any of you dudes ever want to hang out and drink tequila, call me.
This post is the equivalent of a family member asking if you need help cleaning the kitchen after you have loaded and turned on the dishwasher, wiped down the sink and counters and stove and are about to leave the kitchen to relax.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I had a sore arm and was kinda tired for a couple of days after my second dose. It wasn't ideal but it's preferable to having potentially irreversible damage done to my lungs.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Is good for when you need to carbonate some water. I never use mine for soda.

I wonder what happens if you carbonate something you shouldn't... Like whiskey...

I don't own one. I want one and I hear having one is...

giphy.gif

Soda stream had such weird commercials... :laugh:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I wonder what happens if you carbonate something you shouldn't... Like whiskey...

I don't own one. I want one and I hear having one is...

giphy.gif

Soda stream had such weird commercials... :laugh:

This guy has done a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad