OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
https://www.amazon.ca/Kinesiology-T...1&keywords=kinesio+tape&qid=1621011343&sr=8-8

Something like this? It claims to be able to stay on for like 3-5 days. That sounds far too sticky to the average person and god forbid you need to remove it. It sounds like it'd end up smoother than a baby's bottom if you pulled it off.

Some of the reviews suggest being careful how you stretch the tape before applying it.
I ended up getting KT tape, did a search online and more often than not it was mentioned as one of the best out there. It sticks way better and does hurt while peeling it off. Although, if you use olive oil, it helps things like that come off without tearing you apart.

Reactions: Fig

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I ended up getting KT tape, did a search online and more often than not it was mentioned as one of the best out there. It sticks way better and does hurt while peeling it off. Although, if you use olive oil, it helps things like that come off without tearing you apart.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Facing former Blue Jay, Chase Anderson today... Semien & Bichette led off the bottom of the first with back to back homers. Guerrero follows up with a single, now with 1 out Grichuk's grounder was misplayed by Segura, first and second, 1 out for Rowdy.

edit: Naturally, Tellez hits into the DP. He's really having a terrible year so far.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
8-0 lead after 3, now the tying run is up to bat in the top of the 9th with 2 outs, in a 10-7 game

And an RBI single. Now the go ahead run is up to bat. The Jays Bullpen and defense have really shit the bed the second half of this game.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Facing former Blue Jay, Chase Anderson today... Semien & Bichette led off the bottom of the first with back to back homers. Guerrero follows up with a single, now with 1 out Grichuk's grounder was misplayed by Segura, first and second, 1 out for Rowdy.

edit: Naturally, Tellez hits into the DP. He's really having a terrible year so far.
In the first inning I was having flashbacks to that game last year at Yankee Stadium where the Yankees just wouldn't stop homering off of him. I think they got 5 in one inning.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I got my Pfi-G installation a week ago so the efficacy should be kicking in soon (around 10-14 days after shot).

I'm just waiting on firmware updates now. :badidea:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Johnny Hoxville Alek Manoah is having another great start for Buffalo tonight, He's allowed 1 run in 3 starts, 26k in 17 innings (this includes tonight and he's still in the game). He's going to force the Jays hand and see him called up sooner rather than later if he keeps this up and Stripling keeps showing he isn't a starter.

edit: oh and he's only given up 5 hits, 2 of which were tonight (including a solo HR), opponents were hittimg .081 heading into tonight

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Manoah gave up a a pair of singles, added another K in the 6th inning tonight, but didn't give up another run. He's likely done for the night as he's throw more than 90 pitches.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
@Johnny Hoxville Alek Manoah is having another great start for Buffalo tonight, He's allowed 1 run in 3 starts, 26k in 17 innings (this includes tonight and he's still in the game). He's going to force the Jays hand and see him called up sooner rather than later if he keeps this up and Stripling keeps showing he isn't a starter.

edit: oh and he's only given up 5 hits, 2 of which were tonight (including a solo HR), opponents were hittimg .081 heading into tonight

I’ve been tracking him lol. He had an amazing spring training, but I agree that he should have started in Buffalo to really work on his game. It’s been paying off. His development has been excellent. Those numbers you posted are incredible, I agree he’s likely up sooner than later. Move Stripling to the pen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’ve been tracking him lol. He had an amazing spring training, but I agree that he should have started in Buffalo to really work on his game. It’s been paying off. His development has been excellent. Those numbers you posted are incredible, I agree he’s likely up sooner than later. Move Stripling to the pen.
For now, I'd start Thornton over Stripling and hope that is enough until Hatch builds his arm strength up to be ready to be called up or Zeuch starts pitching better for the Bisons. I really don't want to rush him like we did with Pearson before his last start.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For now, I'd start Thornton over Stripling and hope that is enough until Hatch builds his arm strength up to be ready to be called up or Zeuch starts pitching better for the Bisons. I really don't want to rush him like we did with Pearson before his last start.

Thats totally fair. I could see the Jays doing that for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad