OT: Off-Topic Thread-With each New Year.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Ugh don't get me started on the whole work email on your phone while on vacation thing. It's absolutely ridiculous that most companies EXPECT this of their employees now.

Yea I told them the island barely has service and it doesn't matter that I removed it. When I'm on vacation im not spending 1 second of it thinking about work.

The person I left in charge didn't step up at all and left a bunch of stuff for me. Things are over due, late, etc.

I have 6 people under me and 4 of them are useless. Hired before I took over, and people I would never have even given an interview to.

I'd rather change jobs than wait for HR to get rid of them.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Is the saying "you never get over your first love" really true? Because I was head over heels in love with this girl from Detroit. I now find myself completly over her as I now have a new girlfriend (who lives much closer I might add.. We're going on two months and we previously dated for a short time a couple years ago, she ended up screwing me over but she actually wants to be with me now ) and my relationship with my ex only lasted 3 months but I just got over her recently. It was bad, for me at least. But anyway I've just been thinking about that saying lately and how it may not all be true.

just drink until you forget about her

Zac Rinaldo*

Is the saying "you never get over your first love" really true? Because I was head over heels in love with this girl from Detroit. I now find myself completly over her as I now have a new girlfriend (who lives much closer I might add.. We're going on two months and we previously dated for a short time a couple years ago, she ended up screwing me over but she actually wants to be with me now ) and my relationship with my ex only lasted 3 months but I just got over her recently. It was bad, for me at least. But anyway I've just been thinking about that saying lately and how it may not all be true.

life is stupid and arbitrary ultimately. you will myopically toil away at meaningless transient things for most of it. nothing is worth being upset about ever.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Speaking of work, I had a phone interview with a company a few months ago that I thought went really well. Followed up, and never really heard back so I kind've just put it on the back burner.

Fast forward up to last week when I got an email out of the blue from them asking if I could come in next Friday (tomorrow) to meet some of the staff, etc.

I'm excited, but at the same time, I really want this process to just move forward quickly. I'm so incredibly sick and drained from my current job, and would love to see some light at the end of the tunnel of trying to leave it.

From experience, it sounds like they hired another person for that job and that person either didn't work out or quit. At the very least, it should make you want to ask some questions around why the process took this long. Make them sweat a bit, you know? This is your interview of them just as much as it's their interview of you...

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
So Wednesday, the new GM texted all my coworkers (after I texted him that I wouldn't mind coming in to help clean up) to see if anybody could help clean Thursday. The way I saw it, the sooner everything is clean and ready to go, the sooner we're open and making money.

I was the only one who showed up.

There I am in dirty jeans, wearing a Coors light t-shirt and god knows what on my hands from scrubbing crevices...

And all these head honchos (owners of their other 8 locations) walk in. They were all impressed I came in to help. One of the GMs who is also overseeing our location said I moved to the top of the list. Hope it holds true... *fingers crossed*

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So Wednesday, the new GM texted all my coworkers (after I texted him that I wouldn't mind coming in to help clean up) to see if anybody could help clean Thursday. The way I saw it, the sooner everything is clean and ready to go, the sooner we're open and making money.

I was the only one who showed up.

There I am in dirty jeans, wearing a Coors light t-shirt and god knows what on my hands from scrubbing crevices...

And all these head honchos (owners of their other 8 locations) walk in. They were all impressed I came in to help. One of the GMs who is also overseeing our location said I moved to the top of the list. Hope it holds true... *fingers crossed*

Good for you Jaci!

Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The chiropractor was amazing. I went on Tuesday and after my exam he told me I had good posture and that my issues are mechanical and not orthopedic. Wahooo!

He took an X-ray of my back and hips and I'll get those results on Tuesday.

He made an adjustment on my left hip which made my low back stiffness vanish right away and knock on wood, hasn't returned.

He also did an adjustment of my neck. What a wild sound and sensation. I'm glad he did it last because I was sufficiently freaked out. Just like my other adjustment, the pain and tenseness in my neck/ shoulders vanished.

I am glad I went because I can now get out of bed in the morning without the pain and stiffness in my lower back.

Time will tell if this is exactly what I've needed for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad