OT: Off-Topic Thread-Remembering the good 'ol days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Can any of you fine folks give me some recommendations for women's hiking shoes/boots.....especially wide width styles. Thx!!!

Ellen, you'd be doing yourself as disservice if you at least didn't check out the Merrell MOAB line of shoes.

Both me and the Bride own them. I have for years. Since I'm age as well as calorically challenged I swear by them.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/womens...tivity-hiking#srule=top-sellers&sz=12&start=0

They sell them on line, Dick's sporting goods, Amazon, etc.. I find them to run true to size.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Ellen, you'd be doing yourself as disservice if you at least didn't check out the Merrell MOAB line of shoes.

Both me and the Bride own them. I have for years. Since I'm age as well as calorically challenged I swear by them.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en/womens...tivity-hiking#srule=top-sellers&sz=12&start=0

They sell them on line, Dick's sporting goods, Amazon, etc.. I find them to run true to size.

I'll back this too. If I remember correctly they make wide versions of their shoes too.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

You had me at age and calorically challenged....you rock GW!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions....keep 'em coming....

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Can any of you fine folks give me some recommendations for women's hiking shoes/boots.....especially wide width styles. Thx!!!

BOGS are the best shoe I have ever owned. But,you must buy a half size larger for wide. Merrill is my second choice and do have wide widths.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:amazed:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...abbing-homeless-man-midtown-article-1.3377134

Hip-hop pioneer Kidd Creole has been charged with murder in the stabbing death of a homeless man found Tuesday night on a Midtown street, police said.

Creole, whose real name is Nathaniel Glover, was arrested Wednesday and was accused of killing a 55-year-old man at the corner of E. 44th St. and Third Ave.

Glover, 57, was one of the members of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, a hip-hop group formed in the South Bronx in the 1970s.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
All this love for Merrill perplexes me as I've not had good luck with them. I'm on my second pair of Columbias, after the first pair lasted me 6 or 8 years. I actually still have them, and they're useable. I just wanted to freshen them up. I just don't know if they are made in wide widths.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Was disappointed when I saw the Rotten Tomatoes score.

Disappointing summer for movies.

There have been some hits, but far more misses.

It's still early in the summer movie season, and I don't think it's been worse than any other year. Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, War for the Planet of the Apes, Baby Driver......all very good to great movies IMO. Have there been duds? Sure. But no more so than any other summer.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's still early in the summer movie season, and I don't think it's been worse than any other year. Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, War for the Planet of the Apes, Baby Driver......all very good to great movies IMO. Have there been duds? Sure. But no more so than any other summer.

Totally forgot about War for the Planet of the Apes. Loved the other two, need to see that.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Totally forgot about War for the Planet of the Apes. Loved the other two, need to see that.

Even though there haven't been any drastic improvements since the first one in terms of the special effects (to be fair, I'm not sure how they even could), they still amaze me.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Even though there haven't been any drastic improvements since the first one in terms of the special effects (to be fair, I'm not sure how they even could), they still amaze me.

I hadn't seen them until recently, and I was pretty impressed with the technical aspect of both of them, aside from the fact that they are both just good solid films.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Very strange milestone today. Something been putting off for a long time.

Me and the Bride spent afternoon at lawyers having Wills and Trusts drawn up.

Very weird feeling.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

:cry::cry::cry:

20621271_10155678488779445_7338676812778755455_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events