OT: Off Topic Thread-It seems we live in the Tropics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We had a huge hail storm a week ago and have damage on both vehicles and our camping trailer. Does anyone have experience with trailer claims?

Luckily our house is fine. We had out truck and car out and the trailer in storage and where our house is didn't get it very bad.

*Raises hand*

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Nice! We go to MGH a lot. Was at Children's but we switched about a year ago and like it a lot more than that place. Typically we're in the Yawkey building, sixth floor when we go there.

I know folks hear it a lot about Massachusetts having the best health care systems in the country, but as someone's who's had the opportunity to see several organizations in different states firsthand, I cannot stress enough how right this is. It's almost criminal how much better the quality of care is here. People might have an individual issue at one time or another, but for the most part, one cannot go wrong in this state getting health needs serviced. Children's is a fantastic organization. Pre-eminent. No question.

I spend some time in Yawkey, but mostly in Wang. Heh. That's where my office is. Down in the basement where no one can find me plotting.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
My observances are that you post a lot of stream of conscious type of stuff. Something pops into your head and you run with it. No worries at all, no issues with you doing it. Just that when you do so, you make quite a few judgements on other people and their lifestyles. So when it comes back to you, I don't get why you act offended. Everyone here in the OT have been breaking each others chops for years, and nobody takes it seriously. Have you seen some of the terrible things I've said to Spoked-B, Chuck, Kate, DoubleMinor, Scotto, Kovi, CamFan81, Marshmontflavor, BrainofJ, Whambamcam, and FerenceTheFinger, etc..? And likewise the terrible things they've said back? I'm not crying about that, nor do I take issue. It's all in good fun. So when you post something, and you get a couple of one liners thrown your way, take it with a grain of salt and realize that if people had an issue with you, nobody would bother responding to anything you posted.
Will you shut the **** up? If anyone here wanted any lip from you we'd tear it off Lou's zipper :naughty:

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
I know folks hear it a lot about Massachusetts having the best health care systems in the country, but as someone's who's had the opportunity to see several organizations in different states firsthand, I cannot stress enough how right this is. It's almost criminal how much better the quality of care is here. People might have an individual issue at one time or another, but for the most part, one cannot go wrong in this state getting health needs serviced. Children's is a fantastic organization. Pre-eminent. No question.

I spend some time in Yawkey, but mostly in Wang. Heh. That's where my office is. Down in the basement where no one can find me plotting.

Well, you picked the right group of HF folks/thread for that!

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Uh oh. This does not sound good. At all.

Well,
It started off w/ the president of the company, Operations manager, Controller, and International sales manager sitting around yapping about the whether. I walk in, do my normal "Gentlemen" and sit down.

Few people hadn't arrived yet. President cuts right to the chase and asks the operations manager "how does something like this happen and how does it escape the building".

Operations starts to describe how the failure happened and then Snidely says "as far as how it escaped" you'd have to ask the quality department.

And I'm sitting there like.
realsteal-j-crew-pants_300.jpg
P13516833a.jpg
Alone.jpg

I proceed to explain how earlier in the spring my department caught the beginning of said issue and I refused to sign off on this particular issue "not being a detriment to performance". Only to be overridden by Operations/President.

Pass copies of the documentations around, looks were had, and the responsible parties looked at the materials guy and said "whats our quickest recovery time".

I proceeded to lift the table off the ground :laugh:

tragos

Jan 7, 2013

Quality of care is great when you can get it or afford it, but as someone who's been repeatedly denied insurance, the system has more than its share of issues.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Well,
It started off w/ the president of the company, Operations manager, Controller, and International sales manager sitting around yapping about the whether. I walk in, do my normal "Gentlemen" and sit down.

Few people hadn't arrived yet. President cuts right to the chase and asks the operations manager "how does something like this happen and how does it escape the building".

Operations starts to describe how the failure happened and then Snidely says "as far as how it escaped" you'd have to ask the quality department.

And I'm sitting there like.
realsteal-j-crew-pants_300.jpg
P13516833a.jpg
Alone.jpg

I proceed to explain how earlier in the spring my department caught the beginning of said issue and I refused to sign off on this particular issue "not being a detriment to performance". Only to be overridden by Operations/President.

Pass copies of the documentations around, looks were had, and the responsible parties looked at the materials guy and said "whats our quickest recovery time".

I proceeded to lift the table off the ground :laugh:

you are just the man all over the place today.

trying to think of a reward for you

*thinks*:sarcasm:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
you are just the man all over the place today.

trying to think of a reward for you

*thinks*:sarcasm:

:amazed:

There's a management job I really want that's been open awhile (since i lost out on a really neat job opportunity - elsewhere). Trying to help the decision, I've heard rumors my age makes them hesitant.

Wheres Dom + Kirk to help me with those rumors at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad