This is costing me.
Someone's going to pay for this!
Look who's profiting.
Woe is me.
What can I do to help?
that's what real leaders do, whine.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
So what is everyone making to eat during this?
My options are starting to get slim, but I did some cut up chicken w/orange sauce in a frying pan + made some of these potato slice things my sister gave me a recipe for.

You slice a potato into 1/8 to 1/4 in slices, dip lightly in olive oil, lay on a baking pan. Then sprinkle with a bit of garlic powder, coat with a mix of seasoned bread crumbs + parmesan cheese then bake at 350 till almost done. Sprinkle a bit of cheese on top and stick it in the oven to melt.

Try them some time, they’re amazing!

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You’re talking to a guy who’s been prepping for this since late January. I even posted here at that time that corona was going global. You’ll get no argument from me that we should have been doing more all along, including a total travel ban.

But the idea that the administration viewed corona as a “nothing burger” until just a couple weeks ago is very much a spurious narrative.

Nevertheless, your more than welcome to bunker down with us if the need arises.

The President himself is who I was referring to.

The President did not take this seriously or at the very least had no understanding of the enormity of the situation. Lets not pretend we weren't treated to weeks and weeks of him dismissing the seriousness of the situation. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago that he (The President) very much changed his tone and approach. Once that happened you saw the rest of the country react and begin to mobilize (especially businesses).** Kudos to whoever got him to finally grasp the severity of the problem among his staff. Regardless of the reasons behind his recalcitrance to take this as serious as it is. We lost weeks and week that could have been spent getting much better prepared for this.

** that's the point about the power of the Presidency.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
The President himself is who I was referring to.

The President did not take this seriously or at the very least had no understanding of the enormity of the situation. Lets not pretend we weren't treated to weeks and weeks of him dismissing the seriousness of the situation. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago that he (The President) very much changed his tone and approach. Once that happened you saw the rest of the country react and begin to mobilize (especially businesses).** Kudos to whoever got him to finally grasp the severity of the problem among his staff. Regardless of the reasons behind his recalcitrance to take this as serious as it is. We lost weeks and week that could have been spent getting much better prepared for this.

** that's the point about the power of the Presidency.

Thankfully our tireless media and the rest of our government was attune to the threat and sounded the alarm.

Oh wait, the media and Congress were still obsessing over the Ukraine and impeachment.

You know, priorities.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Thankfully our tireless media and the rest of our government was attune to the threat and sounded the alarm.

Oh wait, the media and Congress were still obsessing over the Ukraine and impeachment.

You know, priorities.

Notice the date of the article .. a day after Trumps travel ban

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The media said it was racist and unnecessary when he banned china travel.
Can we stop with "the media" or "the press" or the MSM trope, as if its this monolith like it used to be years ago.

For every outlet that got on him for that several others cheered the move. "The media" stop being a monolith a long time ago.

We've had people in this country calling the virus a hoax right up until the President changed his tune. That was largely driven by the segment of the media (Fox, Newsmax, Oan, most of talk radio,etc) that is either favorable to him or outright cheerleads for him (juts like there are ones that go after him). I work with few folks who still this is still a media driven hoax to hurt the President. Though most changed their tune when the President did.

The biggest problem we have is people in info bubbles. We all do it (myself included) and it takes work to get a wider spectrum of info. We also have a tendency to believe the worst or best of politicians based on if we are aligned with or against them politically (again I'm as guilty as anyone with this). The worst IMO is social media, since everyone's feed gets curated to give you similar things in your feed.

I try to read a mixed variety of the political spectrum but don't always have the time to. Picking writers or articles from each of various news outlets like Washington Post, Daily Beast, The Atlantic, WSJ (more the writers than the Op Ed), Washington Examiner, The Dispatch, The Bulwark, etc. I rarely if ever watch shows on CNN, MSNBC or FOX. I just don't see much value in it.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Can we stop with "the media" or "the press" or the MSM trope, as if its this monolith like it used to be years ago.

For every outlet that got on him for that several others cheered the move. "The media" stop being a monolith a long time ago.

We've had people in this country calling the virus a hoax right up until the President changed his tune. That was largely driven by the segment of the media (Fox, Newsmax, Oan, most of talk radio,etc) that is either favorable to him or outright cheerleads for him (juts like there are ones that go after him). I work with few folks who still this is still a media driven hoax to hurt the President. Though most changed their tune when the President did.

The biggest problem we have is people in info bubbles. We all do it (myself included) and it takes work to get a wider spectrum of info. We also have a tendency to believe the worst or best of politicians based on if we are aligned with or against them politically (again I'm as guilty as anyone with this). The worst IMO is social media, since everyone's feed gets curated to give you similar things in your feed.

I try to read a mixed variety of the political spectrum but don't always have the time to. Picking writers or articles from each of various news outlets like Washington Post, Daily Beast, The Atlantic, WSJ (more the writers than the Op Ed), Washington Examiner, The Dispatch, The Bulwark, etc. I rarely if ever watch shows on CNN, MSNBC or FOX. I just don't see much value in it.

Can we all agree cable news needs to be banned and quarantined?

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

Trump never called corona a hoax. If you really consulted a variety of media sources, you would know this.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Business news is where it's at. WSJ, Bloomberg, sometimes CNBC. Everything else is just partisan noise.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Trump never called corona a hoax. If you really consulted a variety of media sources, you would know this.
Might want to tell that to the Fox prime time viewers I work with. They would be shocked to hear it.

EDIT: Oh I see its word games time. He didn't call the virus itself a hoax. Biggest eyeroll possible

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Might want to tell that to the Fox prime time viewers I work with. They would be shocked to hear it.
I'll get right on that, right after I convince the MSNBC crowd that Trump does not work for RUSSIA!!!

I ignore the intolerant ideologues on both sides.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
And there you have it... Dems block stimulus package.

A weeks worth of work out the window once Pelosi was brought in.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
So what is everyone making to eat during this?
today - beef chow mein
Tues/weds - chili mac
Thurs - roast chicken
Fri - catered bday party for gf so deli sandwiches, chicken wings n cake
Sat - party leftovers
Sun - pesto pasta chicken

Party is surprise, but just 2 of her gf n her brother so 10 subs n 50wings (filipinos aren't sandwich people so 2 shipped out maybe 3 eaten by them then rest wrapped up for me)

Reactions: Chainshot

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

EDIT: Oh I see its word games time. He didn't call the virus itself a hoax. Biggest eyeroll possible

Since you refuse to answer the question, maybe this will help:

Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a 'Hoax'?

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.
What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad