OT: Off Topic & COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Well, how about that Italy a country which has suspended freedom of movement for its own populace is still only a level 3 travel advisory (no guns required :rolleyes:). Why do we think it's safer than they do!?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Have a 15 day trip to New Zealand next month. Debating on going or not. What would you guys recommend? I am able to get the majority of my money back through United and Air NZL. They are offering to reschedule anytime or can also get a full refund through my CC through a dispute.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm buying all kinds of stocks. Perfect buy low opportunity.
It is if they get it under control. I didn't take it seriously a few days ago but it's not slowing down. People that talk about how many more deaths there have been with the flu doesn't ease my fears. The flu has a vaccine. Imagine how many more deaths the flu would cause without one? Hopefully they can contain this.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
It is if they get it under control. I didn't take it seriously a few days ago but it's not slowing down. People that talk about how many more deaths there have been with the flu doesn't ease my fears. The flu has a vaccine. Imagine how many more deaths the flu would cause without one? Hopefully they can contain this.

It will be very deadly for those above 75, not deadly at all for those under 65. People don't realize how precious life is. People are constantly dying from a myriad of issues every day. Hundreds of kids died from the flu this season. Far more then were killed from the Corona virus. However, we don't see it in the news...

Flu shot better than last year, despite tough season for kids

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
How deadly is the coronavirus?

_111104222_death_ratio_v2640-nc.png

Reactions: brian_griffin

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It will be very deadly for those above 75, not deadly at all for those under 65. People don't realize how precious life is. People are constantly dying from a myriad of issues every day. Hundreds of kids died from the flu this season. Far more then were killed from the Corona virus. However, we don't see it in the news...

Flu shot better than last year, despite tough season for kids

The heath care system doesn't have enough beds to handle the number of patients required if this doesn't get contained. Even if those people ultimately recover, and the majority will; it still quagmires the hospitals.

Again, you can imagine what you will about China, but Italy isn't shutting down its entire country because they're jumpy. This could easily cause them to default on their debt.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The heath care system doesn't have enough beds to handle the number of patients required if this doesn't get contained. Even if those people ultimately recover, and the majority will; it still quagmires the hospitals.

Again, you can imagine what you will about China, but Italy isn't shutting down its entire country because they're jumpy. This could easily cause them to default on their debt.

Italy also has one of the oldest populous in the entire world. The median age in the country is 47.3, compared with 38.3 in the United States, the Times reported

Why Deaths from Coronavirus Are So High in Italy

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

almost all deaths are the very old people

Most young people are experiencing symptoms at or less than a normal cold (which is often caused by a coronavirus).

I'm still all in on my Guam vacation next week

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

Most young people are experiencing symptoms at or less than a normal cold (which is often caused by a coronavirus).

I'm just worried about particular activities being canceled in the countries we travel to. Also they will probably be setting up testing areas within airports before exiting and entering a country. Going to be a long process...

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Should we kill all the old people?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Should we kill all the old people?

No, but old people die from the flu and pneumonia all the time. My grandpa did. (He had many other health issues) You just won't see it in the news. The older you get the harder it is for your body to fight off any disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad