OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XX - Neil Peart, drummer and primary lyricist for Rush, dead at 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Making tomato tortellini soup and grilled cheese for dinner. Has to be a top 3 cold weather meal.
Ooooooh that sounds yummy.

We've had flurries all day. It's bitter cold out. I came home, put on my sweats and the thickest pair of fuzzy socks I own, and am about to make a nice big mug of hot chocolate.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can say with confidence the @GloveMalfunction makes the best grilled cheese on the planet.

Had to go out and buy cat litter so I stopped at Roxy's in Cambridge inspired by @Kate08

upload_2020-1-20_22-23-18.png

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
and hes still wondering because hes driving around Reno and cant find the place. :oops:
Found it!

Had to go out and buy cat litter so I stopped at Roxy's in Cambridge inspired by @Kate08

View attachment 311001

I was also inspired. Found a gourmet grilled cheese place. Salami, provolone and artichoke hearts, grilled on sourdough. The pasta salad kinda sucked, but the sandwich was <chef's kiss>!

I do have to point out though, that both on the way there, and on the way back, I passed a Planet Fitness. But it was for grilled cheese, so that's OK, right?
View media item 7121

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don’t like grilled cheese sandwiches. I hate melted cheese with the exception of mozzarella cheese.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
20200121_081240.jpg
One soup I do often in the winter is the Portuguese potatoes and kale soup (Caldo verde). It's a very simple, quick, delicious and nutritious soup. I bumped it up with a can of cannellini beans, it gives it another layer of flavour and creaminess. If it happens that i don't have chorizo, I just skip it.

Also like in all my soups instead of using water I use chicken/vegetable broth. In a pinch the bouillon cubes also helps. For the kale, I just chopped it finely instead of the long strands that are not user friendly.
View attachment 311071

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The new Pearl Jam single has been live for 11 minutes and I’ve hated it for 12.

ugh. So disappointing

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I'd say Curb Your Enthusiasm is off to a better start than previous season 9. Yes, it feels too often Larry is annoyed just for the sake of it but it got better towards the end. Jeff looking like a certain Hollywood sob is a good one.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'd say Curb Your Enthusiasm is off to a better start than previous season 9. Yes, it feels too often Larry is annoyed just for the sake of it but it got better towards the end. Jeff looking like a certain Hollywood sob is a good one.

i agree. that episode had me dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad