OT: Off Topic 2019 part X - Can anybody beat James Holzhauer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have lots of pet peeves now.

Yes you buy reserved seats, doesn’t give you the right to get there 2 minutes after the movie starts making me move.

Idiotic parents taking their young kids to see rated R movies. It’s rampant lately. Us had it last night and the kid was maybe 7 was begging his stupid mother to leave and she wouldn’t. Should be arrested for child abuse. Not the theatres fault you can’t afford/find a baby sitter

Doing a quick fly by text. Wait until the whole movie is over, you’re not that important.

People that constantly eat. Stop rummaging through your box with the crinkly cellophane. Pour them into your hand.
agreed, it likely doesn`t help that I`m in the hospitality industry and the behavior of the parents with kids now is horrendous. Never have I seen a time where parents think being a buddy to their kid is more important than teaching them manners. The crap I see kids doing at the table now would have had me glued to my room for a month back when I was that age.

Almost every family sitting at the tables, heads down in their phones...when my wife and I go out to eat and when my son joins us, no phones at the table, none of us are waiting on a call to perform open heart surgery, we use that time to catch up and check in with each other

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
agreed, it likely doesn`t help that I`m in the hospitality industry and the behavior of the parents with kids now is horrendous. Never have I seen a time where parents think being a buddy to their kid is more important than teaching them manners. The crap I see kids doing at the table now would have had me glued to my room for a month back when I was that age.

Almost every family sitting at the tables, heads down in their phones...when my wife and I go out to eat and when my son joins us, no phones at the table, none of us are waiting on a call to perform open heart surgery, we use that time to catch up and check in with each othe
r

We try to have device free time. It's difficult with that being our means of communication when we aren't together. It's hard to come back to balance sometimes.
I agree though. We are super tuned in and much of my day work revolves around being online.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Some of my best memories from childhood were trips to Friendly's with my grandparents to get Reese's Sundaes.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Don't miss their food, but man those sundaes were the absolute best.

Pretty close to GOAT hot dogs as a kid. Not papa Gino’s but very good.

Also don’t sleep on the bbq chicken supermelt. Discovered those later in life, the friendlys in the meadow glen mall was a popular post-college hangover recovery choice for my roommates and I.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Also don’t sleep on the bbq chicken supermelt. Discovered those later in life, the friendlys in the meadow glen mall was a popular post-college hangover recovery choice for my roommates and I.
Papa Gino’s kids hot dog meal is the most underrated item on the menu.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Ihop or GTFO for college hangover recovery food.

Reactions: Alicat

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

BBQ chicken super melt was my go to as well. Always brought my kids there when they were small. While my wife was pregannt I used to get summoned to pick up sundaes and mine was the five scoop snickers. Man good times.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Reese’s Pieces sundae from Friendly’s ftw!

gallery-1469655558-reese27s-pieces-sundae.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBC 10 Boston happily babbles they are the only station with live doppler radar at Fenway :rolleyes:

56697039_10217513656846014_2793515431615266816_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad