OT: Off Topic 2019 part X - Can anybody beat James Holzhauer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tentative agreement reached to end Stop & Shop strike

A tentative agreement has been reached to end the Stop & Shop worker strike, according to a spokesperson with the store.
Stop & Shop said Sunday night that new agreements had been reached with UFCW Locals 328, 371, 919, 1445 and 1459. The locals still need to vote to ratify the contracts.

More than 31,000 associates in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island walked off the job on April 11. They had been negotiating a new contract with Stop & Shop representatives since Feb. 14.

A spokesperson for Stop & Shop said the tentative three-year agreement includes increased pay for all associates, continued health coverage, and ongoing pension benefits for eligible associates. The company said the top priority will be restocking stores.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Tentative agreement reached to end Stop & Shop strike

A tentative agreement has been reached to end the Stop & Shop worker strike, according to a spokesperson with the store.
Stop & Shop said Sunday night that new agreements had been reached with UFCW Locals 328, 371, 919, 1445 and 1459. The locals still need to vote to ratify the contracts.

More than 31,000 associates in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island walked off the job on April 11. They had been negotiating a new contract with Stop & Shop representatives since Feb. 14.

A spokesperson for Stop & Shop said the tentative three-year agreement includes increased pay for all associates, continued health coverage, and ongoing pension benefits for eligible associates. The company said the top priority will be restocking stores.
I’m so so happy to be going back to work. I can’t thank everyone here enough who supported us and shopped somewhere else. You are the reason why we got a fair contract. And to those that were hassled using a bank or pharmacy, I’m sorry again you had to put up with that. That is unacceptable.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I’m so so happy to be going back to work. I can’t thank everyone here enough who supported us and shopped somewhere else. You are the reason why we got a fair contract. And to those that were hassled using a bank or pharmacy, I’m sorry again you had to put up with that. That is unacceptable.

Glad to hear this. Best of luck Brian!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1mkmlc0wjqt21.png

Reactions: roflstomper

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Isn't it just a Tentative Agreement that no one outside the union has seen yet? Personally,I never voted yes on any TA. TAs are reached for many reasons,one is weariness on both the union and the company. I'd read it before I blessed it.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Absolut Grapefruit Vodka..

Thank you Jesus
Thank you Lord

Can't support you there - no person should be subjected to drinking any flavored vodka let alone Absolut. Get Russian Standard Platinum or their Imperia and be done.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Holy crap GoT's last night was fire. That is all.

The buildup to the Battle of Winterfell has been awesome. Some say it is lacking in action, but I've always found the more introspective episodes to be almost as entertaining as the epic battles. Those last few scenes, the hair on the back of my neck and arms was standing up. Episode 3 is shaping up to be the greatest in the history of TV!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The buildup to the Battle of Winterfell has been awesome. Some say it is lacking in action, but I've always found the more introspective episodes to be almost as entertaining as the epic battles. Those last few scenes, the hair on the back of my neck and arms was standing up. Episode 3 is shaping up to be the greatest in the history of TV!

Agreed. It's the best part of the books for this series. Long set up, rewarded with some intense battle scenes or shocking action. Next week is going to be insane.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This guy is a massive tool.

These girls had one hell of a season and their seniors were amazing all year. They deserve to be honored.

3 of the 4 girls were on the National team at one point and one was an Olympic alternate.

They also do so much in the community on top of keeping their grades over 3.0.

One girl competed bars on a torn bicep for the last half of the season

One girl blew her Achilles out last season and came back better than ever. Oh and she's had to deal with being compared to her mom who happens to be Mary Lou Retton

One girl is an Olympic alternate who has overcome being so broken she almost quit the sport and also her father's near fatal illness..

I could go on and on but crap like that tweet pisses me off

end rant

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This guy is a massive tool.

These girls had one hell of a season and their seniors were amazing all year. They deserve to be honored.

3 of the 4 girls were on the National team at one point and one was an Olympic alternate.

They also do so much in the community on top of keeping their grades over 3.0.

One girl competed bars on a torn bicep for the last half of the season

One girl blew her Achilles out last season and came back better than ever. Oh and she's had to deal with being compared to her mom who happens to be Mary Lou Retton

One girl is an Olympic alternate who has overcome being so broken she almost quit the sport and also her father's near fatal illness..

I could go on and on but crap like that tweet pisses me off

end rant

odd target for the tweeter, but Twitter and all social media is basically a cesspool. Being the runner up isn't like they are celebrating a participation trophy. I mean, many towns honor silver and bronze medalists, and it's quite an accomplishment.

Reactions: Alicat

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The SADDEST thing of all;

When you’re a kid at the mall during spring break, you can’t afford to buy anything you want.

When you’re an adult at the mall during spring break, you can afford anything you want, but nothing is worth buying.

Reactions: Seidenbergy and BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It was almost like a "good bye" of sorts to me.

The Bran/Jamie interactions are unreal.

The way the series has handled Jamie's character arc is borderline brainwashing. I feel like I should have more control over liking/disliking the character, but I can't control it at all.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The SADDEST thing of all;

When you’re a kid at the mall during spring break, you can’t afford to buy anything you want.

When you’re an adult at the mall during spring break, you can afford anything you want, but nothing is worth buying.
When I saw "adult at the mall during spring break" I double checked because I assumed it was Lou posting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad