OT: Off Topic 2018 part III - Here comes the heat again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm a lefty. Write and throw left handed. Play most sports righty. Bat right, hockey right, golf right. Can write with either hand, and can actually play golf and baseball lefty if I wanted. I still plan on playing a full round of golf with lefty clubs at some point, just for shits and giggles.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If I ever have a son I'm going to tie his right arm behind his back and teach him how to throw a curveball lefty.

Reactions: LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Doesn't have to even be great. Marginal left handed pitchers make a very nice living in MLB...
092517redsoxmw005.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
About a month ago the camera in my phone stopped working. I googled all sorts of things to try to reset it, no luck. Finally after work I decided to stop by the Verizon store. I'm not intimidated by technology, but I always hate going in those stores. Thankfully there was hardly any customers so I got helped right away. I am now thankful I paid for the warranty, got burned on my last phone because I didn't have it. A replacement phone is being shipped to my house, arriving tomorrow.

I also stopped at Chicken Salad Chick. They had a new recipe that is fantastic and it was double rewards day.

I'm a happy camper. :thumbu:

...... When does hockey season start? Or at least captains practices???

Reactions: Alicat and Kovi

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Our Cross Canada move begins tomorrow, our condo looks like it`s being occupied by minimalists. Not going to lie, for as much as I like my "stuff", having sent it all out West last week, the past 7 days have really showed me that I could easily live with less in my life.

Our original plan was to make a stop in Kelowna to visit the sister in law but if those fires are still raging by that time, we`ll just bypass it. I don`t want anyone to worry about my posting here, the laptop is coming so you shall not be relieved of my daily contributions which I know all clamour for:sarcasm:

We shall miss NS and all the wonderful friends we have made here. I won`t miss the terrible winters and far too short golf season

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well, I don't know where this thread went, or where it's going, but fwiw:

For those who want to investigate Lady Soul, check "30 Greatest Hits." A good place to start.

Brian Wilson used to say that music is the voice of God. Aretha is a testament to that sentiment.

That's an awesome CD, every track is outstanding. :nod:

Reactions: GordonHowe

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Our Cross Canada move begins tomorrow, our condo looks like it`s being occupied by minimalists. Not going to lie, for as much as I like my "stuff", having sent it all out West last week, the past 7 days have really showed me that I could easily live with less in my life.

Our original plan was to make a stop in Kelowna to visit the sister in law but if those fires are still raging by that time, we`ll just bypass it. I don`t want anyone to worry about my posting here, the laptop is coming so you shall not be relieved of my daily contributions which I know all clamour for:sarcasm:

We shall miss NS and all the wonderful friends we have made here. I won`t miss the terrible winters and far too short golf season
Best of luck Andrew. Speaking from (very) recent experience, it will be both a stressful and exceedingly rewarding experience. Enjoy everything you see along the way. There's even beauty in the endless plains before you get to the Rockies. Be safe, and let us know when you've arrived safely.

Reactions: GordonHowe and Kovi

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
My son went to Colgate, and she performed there in 2016, and I was able to attend.
Can't say I'm a big fan, but like some of her songs. She was a good entertainer. RIP.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

Blessings on your travels. You will be amazed at what you want to purge. Rest as much as you can!!!!
Keep us updated

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I live a few towns over from where I went to school, and it's amazing most of the bullies I grew up with are dead, can't hold a job or still the same. I have run into a couple of the past thirty years and it's funny how they act now that I'm 6 foot 240 or whatever and not 5-6 145 lol.

This dude is missing the places in his life where he can love himself more and feel joy.

I have been in that same situation and have run into bullies years later--interesting to find out that they are struggling in their own lives.

Energy begets energy and you get back what you give. The law of attraction doesnt lie.

Also....forgiveness makes space for joy and better energy. If this dude continues to hold on to grief he will die a very unhappy man.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This dude is missing the places in his life where he can love himself more and feel joy.

I have been in that same situation and have run into bullies years later--interesting to find out that they are struggling in their own lives.

Energy begets energy and you get back what you give. The law of attraction doesnt lie.

Also....forgiveness makes space for joy and better energy. If this dude continues to hold on to grief he will die a very unhappy man.

Absolutely...What weight is lifted when you give forgiveness. Amazing feeling.

Reactions: Kovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad