Speculation: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm just trying to get an idea on values before I start making trade proposals, because I'm still pretty new to posting on here and I refuse to be an ignorant poster.

thanx.gif

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
How awesome would that be if Emelin and Subban were to convince Markov to sign at a discount in Nashville?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
They let him know after the season he was gone, but he filed for arbitration, now waivers. I guess it was a paper work thing so maybe he had to file, but yeah he's gone to Europe I assume.

so we qualified him, then he filed for arbitration, then got waived?

I guess I don't understand how that worked, because if we qualified him and he had arg rights, the press would have been forced to sign him for at least one year.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
so we qualified him, then he filed for arbitration, then got waived?

I guess I don't understand how that worked, because if we qualified him and he had arg rights, the press would have been forced to sign him for at least one year.

May have wanted to head back to Europe anyways. He may have figured playing in the minors again wasn't doing him much good.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Re Maz: must be some sort of mutual agreement clause in the CBA that allowed this? Never heard of this but who knows.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Haven't seen anyone mention him yet.. how about Drew Stafford? Could be a solid 20+20 winger for us if given top 6 minutes. Has had some trouble staying healthy though.

2013-14: 16+18 70 GP
2014-15: 18+25 76 GP
2015-16: 21+17 78 GP
2016-17: 8+13 58 GP

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little ticket off we didn't get Jokinen. Easily worth 3M.

I'd be curious to know whether Poile spoke with JJ or not. If we did inquire, I can't imagine DP balking at that pricetag. Makes you wonder if JJ thinks the Oil is the best place to put up big numbers and hopefully secure a bigger contract next summer.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Hey guys leafs fan coming in peace. Im just wonder, how far along is fabbro in his development? Whats his upside and when will he be ready to step into the NHL?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Hey guys leafs fan coming in peace. Im just wonder, how far along is fabbro in his development? Whats his upside and when will he be ready to step into the NHL?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=247041

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170098

He will be entering as a sophmore at BU. As a freshman defenseman he scored 6 goals and 12 assists on limited time. 36 games www.uscho.com is a great resource for US college hockey. Is there one for CIS?

Personally, I think he would be ready to step into the Leafs' rotation at 3rd pairing right now and would be ready as a top 4 dman the year after. The Preds have a lot of RHD in the pipeline and is the best.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
How/where would he play? Markov's another LD. While the idea of a Josi-Ekholm-Markov-Emelin depth chart is very enticing, it's also a tad impractical.

Emelin can play the right side, in fact Markov and Emelin used to be paired together

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
so has there been any news on Johansen negotiations?

Did he take Columbus to arbitration, and if so would that prevent him from taking us to arb?

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017

Did he take Columbus to arbitration, and if so would that prevent him from taking us to arb?

He did not file for arbitration. No news at all, none that I've seen anyway. Other than the one guy saying he wanted 8.5 per like a week ago.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

He wasn't arbitration-eligible at the time.

Random Fun Fact: the Jackets have never in franchise history actually gotten to an arbitration hearing. Everyone who's filed for it has gotten a new contract before the hearing. (In the case of Anton Stralman, it was literally done in the hallway leading to the hearing.)

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
man I would love for poile to go after jvr and bozak. I could see fabbro smith 2018 1st and 2019 2nd + a 2nd tier prospect getting it done.. bozak and jvr could go straight to the 2nd line with fiala and bones could drop down to the 3rd line center where I think he'll be better for us
so we would be sitting on lines like
1st forsberg Joey arvi
2nd jvr bozak fiala
3rd hartnell bones jarny
4th Watson sissons aberg
you could mix up these lines and still be alright like
1st jvr Joey forsberg
2nd arvi bozak aberg
3rd hartnell bones fiala
4th Watson sissons aberg

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
man I would love for poile to go after jvr and bozak. I could see fabbro smith 2018 1st and 2019 2nd + a 2nd tier prospect getting it done.. bozak and jvr could go straight to the 2nd line with fiala and bones could drop down to the 3rd line center where I think he'll be better for us
so we would be sitting on lines like
1st forsberg Joey arvi
2nd jvr bozak fiala
3rd hartnell bones jarny
4th Watson sissons aberg
you could mix up these lines and still be alright like
1st jvr Joey forsberg
2nd arvi bozak aberg
3rd hartnell bones fiala
4th Watson sissons aberg

Bozak + JVR will cost more than Fabbro and Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad