Speculation: Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What do y all think we would have to give up for bozak and jvr? they would be a great addition to our team. they are both ufa after this next year. But could you imagine
1st line forsberg Joey arvi
2nd line jvr bozak fiala
3rd line hartnell bones aberg
4th line Watson sissons gaudreau
if you notice the players missing that's the players I would put in the trade

Where in the world is Jarnkrok? Unless he's going to Toronto in the deal?

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I'm almost to the point to watch camp and see if the young guys are ready to step up.

Can't keep them in Milwaukee forever.

I understand that, but RW right now is Arvidsson (1 hit wonder so far), Craig Smith and Pontus Aberg. Even if Aberg works out 100% there could definitely still be problems on RW.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Where in the world is Jarnkrok? Unless he's going to Toronto in the deal?
yea I would put him in the trade his low cap hit would be hit in Toronto with them being over the cap. I would offer smith jarny 2018 1st 2019 3rd. + a d prospect to get this deal done. I like making the playoffs almost every year but I think next year is the year we take some shots at winning the cup. and I think this deal would get you really close. bozak would be better 2c than we have on our team right now and jvr would be a great Neal replacement. I'm just shooting some stuff out there. I like our team right now but I still think we are missing that 2c and neals replacement. I think gaudreau sissons aberg and fiala would more than cover the lose of smith and jarny

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I understand that, but RW right now is Arvidsson (1 hit wonder so far), Craig Smith and Pontus Aberg. Even if Aberg works out 100% there could definitely still be problems on RW.

Could be but you discount Arvy after one year but don't consider Smith's down year. Most years Smith is a 20+ goal scorer, which isn't bad on the 2nd line.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Could be but you discount Arvy after one year but don't consider Smith's down year. Most years Smith is a 20+ goal scorer, which isn't bad on the 2nd line.

He has scored 20 most years, but his overall points have gone down every single year over the past 3. And 15-16 wasn't a very good year despite the 21 goals. He had great linemates and incredibly easy ice time, but it still took a very hot run down the stretch to get to 21 goals and 37 points. And then he still disappeared in the postseason. I hope he rebounds, but I definitely wouldn't count on it. It could all work out great, but on paper, RW is an area of concern for me.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Maz is gone... don't know if that is being touched on somewhere else or not...? Obviously they signed Lindback and O'Connor, and Mazanec had a rough year. But on waivers now, presumably to show him nobody else is interested before they let him go back to Europe?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Maz is gone... don't know if that is being touched on somewhere else or not...? Obviously they signed Lindback and O'Connor, and Mazanec had a rough year. But on waivers now, presumably to show him nobody else is interested before they let him go back to Europe?

They let him know after the season he was gone, but he filed for arbitration, now waivers. I guess it was a paper work thing so maybe he had to file, but yeah he's gone to Europe I assume.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
This is some big time skepticism right here.. but okay, here goes..
What if we picked up Lindback to possibly back up Saros in the future.. trade Rinne while he's still a valuable asset, possibly in a package for a great forward. He undoubtedly proved his worth to continue to play hockey at a high level.
Please, no criticism here, this is wild imagination late at night.. I realize to most people this would be a step back, but I could see it as beneficial in a way. I think Saros is right on the verge of being ready to take over. We need more scoring and playmaking more than anything. Why not shop around and see what the potential returns could possibly be?
I don't know, maybe I'm crazy for ever thinking this, but we're gonna have to move on from Rinne soon.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What if we picked up Lindback to possibly back up Saros in the future.. trade Rinne while he's still a valuable asset, possibly in a package for a great forward. He undoubtedly proved his worth to continue to play hockey at a high level.
Please, no criticism here, this is wild imagination late at night.. I realize to most people this would be a step back, but I could see it as beneficial in a way. I think Saros is right on the verge of being ready to take over. We need more scoring and playmaking more than anything. Why not shop around and see what the potential returns could possibly be?
I don't know, maybe I'm crazy for ever thinking this, but we're gonna have to move on from Rinne soon.

Don't see it happening. The longer the season went on the less dominant Saros was. I don't think he is ready by any stretch of the imagination. Rinne would be hard to move anyways making 7 million a season.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Don't see it happening. The longer the season went on the less dominant Saros was. I don't think he is ready by any stretch of the imagination. Rinne would be hard to move anyways making 7 million a season.

I don't think it's necessarily the salary that's the main issue. Like who would want him? Contending teams already have their goalies and wouldn't want or need Rinne. I doubt Rinne wants to play backup, and nobody wants to pay a goalie even $3.5 million to be a backup on a contender (Dallas is an entire different scenario, as they wanted either Niemi or Lehtonen to be a starter). Why would a rebuilding team want Rinne?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I don't even want Lindback as the backup, he's just not good. I like him in the minors to mentor younger guys. He can help them adjust to the professional life, show them what it takes, how to prepare on a daily basis, things like that. He's not a great goalie, but he's dedicated to the game and has always been a team player and a good professional.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I'm sorry but I am just not completely convinced Saros can be an above average everyday starter. As others have said he looked pretty pedestrian when other teams got the book on him later in the year. I'm still very worried about his size.

I figured the playoffs would have stifled much of this Rinne/Saros discussion but I guess I was wrong. Pekka is still 3x the goalie Saros is and if we are going to win anything in the next couple years it will be with 35 in net.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I'm sorry but I am just not completely convinced Saros can be an above average everyday starter. As others have said he looked pretty pedestrian when other teams got the book on him later in the year. I'm still very worried about his size.

I figured the playoffs would have stifled much of this Rinne/Saros discussion but I guess I was wrong. Pekka is still 3x the goalie Saros is and if we are going to win anything in the next couple years it will be with 35 in net.

I am aware that Rinne is the better goalie.
Saros just needs more ice time IMO.

Also, to whomever said "why would a rebuilding team want Rinne?" Never said a rebuilding team would want him. Rinne is a clear upgrade to any team not named Montreal. I would see a contender being interested.

You guys are no fun! I asked what the possible returns could be and everyone just takes it way too seriously. Lol.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA

I love the mentality of "I have this crazy idea and I want to share it." That's what these boards are about to me. Otherwise it would be boring.

If there was more certainty about Saros's readiness, then it's very possible that Pekka could be moved. Kind of like the Ben Bishop situation. It's not exactly the same situation, but old talented goalies with high cap hits have SOME value. Unfortunately they're not going to grab somebody that we really want aka a 2C or somebody we could trade to get a 2C.

There's a ton of risk involved in a move like this and I would love to see the dominoes fall, but I think the return on Pekka would be disappointing and Saros isn't ready yet.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I love the mentality of "I have this crazy idea and I want to share it." That's what these boards are about to me. Otherwise it would be boring.

If there was more certainty about Saros's readiness, then it's very possible that Pekka could be moved. Kind of like the Ben Bishop situation. It's not exactly the same situation, but old talented goalies with high cap hits have SOME value. Unfortunately they're not going to grab somebody that we really want aka a 2C or somebody we could trade to get a 2C.

There's a ton of risk involved in a move like this and I would love to see the dominoes fall, but I think the return on Pekka would be disappointing and Saros isn't ready yet.
pekka is gonna retire a PRED. but this next season we have to give saros at least 30 games or maybe more

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis

Thank you for not busting my balls. Lol. I realize old goalies don't retain value. Like I said, perhaps some sort of package?
Man, I've been really impressed by Juuse. He's made some big time saves. I can't imagine how good he'd get with more starts. I mean look at the games he started last year. He faced quality teams and did the same, if not better than Rinne did/would've.
NHL.com has Saros in the top 250 fantasy rankings. He's good, man. Won't be long and he's ready. Guarantee it.

But in a perfect utopian world where Pekka Rinne waves his NMC and Saros is ready to be starter, what caliber of roster player could that return?

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Thank you for not busting my balls. Lol. I realize old goalies don't retain value. Like I said, perhaps some sort of package?
Man, I've been really impressed by Juuse. He's made some big time saves. I can't imagine how good he'd get with more starts. I mean look at the games he started last year. He faced quality teams and did the same, if not better than Rinne did/would've.
NHL.com has Saros in the top 250 fantasy rankings. He's good, man. Won't be long and he's ready. Guarantee it.

But in a perfect utopian world where Pekka Rinne waves his NMC and Saros is ready to be starter, what caliber of roster player could that return?

I'm just trying to get an idea on values before I start making trade proposals, because I'm still pretty new to posting on here and I refuse to be an ignorant poster.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville

I honestly don't want to see Rinne in any other uniform other than ours. I really hope he retires as a predator.

With that said trading goalies without NMC's in their contract is pretty hard most of the time. Even if we tried I'm not sure anything would get done. I do not however see us even considering doing this though.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I don't care if Pekka turns into the Dallas netminders. I want him to retire a Pred.

In my head/heart, I figured he would get a little more rest this year.

Rinne 50-55 gp and Saros 30 or so and then that flip in 18-19.

After that if he wants to play and back up Saros or whoever is in net, so be it.

But...it would be really cool to not see him regress as much with a bit more rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad