Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season VI: It's no longer the off-season, but the thread isn't done yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

4th highest WAR among 3B from 2019-2021. Only 25. Ramirez, Moncada, and Bregman is the rarified air above him.

Ramirez is 4 years older, was already signed for the next two and signed a nearly 25M/yr 5 year extension that starts at 31.

Moncada signed a 5 + 1 deal at 14M per before he broke out so CHW made out well (he's one year older).

Bregman is 3 years older, makes 20M/yr and his deal also covers non-FA years (like each of the other three).

Arenado is tied (but lower) , is 5 years older, and makes 30.6M/yr

6th on the list is Chapman FWIW.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Only 69 pitches. On pace for 105+ pitches if he keeps the pace up. Its doable if he wants to go the distance and the Dodgers arent afraid of injuries.

Going to be a tough talk between him and the manager. I would say its up to Kershaw. And he has never had a perfect game.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Kershaw maxed out at 75 in a sim game, so he's good for 90ish. The 8th is a given but the 9th might be silly regardless of where he is.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
So you predicted that players who were good last season would be good this season, and players that were bad last season would be bad this season?
lol Someone didn't read my list of predictions. Over generalize, much? See, this is why I generally don't respond to replies around here.

Ryu and Gurriel were bad last season, huh? And Vladdy ISN'T hitting into tons of double plays? Also completely ignores my highlighting of individual performances or the fact plenty of angry fanboys argued against what I said...despite my being completely right by the end of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amadeus

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
lol Someone didn't read my list of predictions. Gotta work on your cherrypicking, dude. See, this is why I generally don't respond to replies around here.

Ryu and Gurriel were bad last season, huh? And Vladdy ISN'T hitting into tons of double plays? Also completely ignores my highlighting of individual performances or the fact plenty of angry fanboys argued against what I said...despite my being completely right by the end of the season.
arrested-development-michael-bluth.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: MS and Dr.Funk

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Tapia playing his 4th game in 6. Why is Charlie so damn obsessed with playing fringe players, especially when you *easily* have a better one in Zimmer on the bench.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Tapia playing his 4th game in 6. Why is Charlie so damn obsessed with playing fringe players, especially when you *easily* have a better one in Zimmer on the bench.

I don't get it either. At least split time between them and see if one of them can take over the job.

Maybe there's something they see with Zimmer's swing that they want a few days to work on before he starts playing or something? I don't know, but it's weird.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
lol Someone didn't read my list of predictions. Over generalize, much? See, this is why I generally don't respond to replies around here.

Vlad has exactly 0 GIDP this season.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I can understand pulling Kershaw even in a no-hitter, but a perfect game? man...that's pain.
He was good for about 10 more pitches on the plus 15 rule so he wasn't going 9. They made a decision that 80 pitches of that was better than bringing him back out. Also, the Dodgers scored a few runs before that.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
He was good for about 10 more pitches on the plus 15 rule so he wasn't going 9. They made a decision that 80 pitches of that was better than bringing him back out. Also, the Dodgers scored a few runs before that.

I just don't like it. I'm one fan, probably way behind the times, but perfect games are magical and legendary.

Reactions: KapG

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
TGB is the worst poster I've ever seen
Excuse me? My very first few posts at this forum got nothing but a series of troll replies. Meanwhile, all I generally ever do is point out I was right about something, yet the vast majority of the responses I get are pure snark. Am I the "worst poster" because I revealed how immature this forum is and you guys are all angry to hear the truth?

You guys shot first. Fact.

Vlad has exactly 0 GIDP this season.
Are you people even watching the games? He grounds out with runners on like every game.

"Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative!"

Why are you lying? Am I the only person watching the games? I've literally pointed it out in game threads the very moment he does it.

Last edited:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Are you people even watching the games? He grounds out with runners on like every game.
You claimed that he was grounding into double plays.

Except he isn't? I watch the games but even if I didn't, I wouldn't need to. You can google the proof for goodness sakes.

Not saying some of your other "predictions" haven't been right, but lets not flaunt that one so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad