Speculation: Off Season Trade Thread Vol. VIII - "Now The Real Offseason Begins" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Berglund you know you will get 20 goals not sure what bonino is

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Better track record so far ,he is what this team needs .Big two way center that can play lw ,and provide some insulation for a very young second line center in zibby .And if lazar makes the team support for him as well :nod:

You pretty much just described what we already have in (an in-form) Zack Smith. If a third liner is the centre piece in a Spezza trade Murray needs to go.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
I'm still not convinced that Bonino didn't just have an un-repeatable career season.

His stats in the AHL and the Italian league indicate he is an elite talent. Seeing his current contract it would be a low risk high reward seeing how Spezza is just going to walk next season.

I'm not sold on Berglund. Reading some of the Blues fans reviews of him and watching him play he seems to be a player who lacks vision and creativity and plays an Eric Lindros style which does not suit the current NHL.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
You pretty much just described what we already have in (an in-form) Zack Smith. If a third liner is the centre piece in a Spezza trade Murray needs to go.

What? Berglund is a much much better offensive center then Smith

Berglund would be a 2nd line center here

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya

Berglund got one more goal than Smith last year.

And I'm not suggesting that Smith is better than Berglund, but he fills the same role that Berglund would seemingly be brought in for. Zibanejad is purportedly going to be a top 6er, which leaves Berglund either on the wing or centering the third line.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Yep ,i agree .Backing up zibby with an unproven rookie or a checker ,isnt the play here at all

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Berglund got one more goal than Smith last year.

And I'm not suggesting that Smith is better than Berglund, but he fills the same role that Berglund would seemingly be brought in for. Zibanejad is purportedly going to be a top 6er, which leaves Berglund either on the wing or centering the third line.
Berglund had an off year just look at their career numbers he is good for 20 goals... Smith just doesnt have the offensive talent to be anything more than a number 3/4 center

We don't know where zibby will be but berglund is a better center than zibby right now. Once zibby matures he should surpass him

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
... what?

lol.

I was watching an episode of Property Brothers and this guy said he was a professional hockey player and won some top scorer awards.

I looked into it, he never made it past the AHL and never topped 10 goals and his award came from the Italian league where he scored 30 goals in 26 games.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Berglund had an off year just look at their career numbers he is good for 20 goals... Smith just downstairs have the offensive talent to be anything more than a number 4 center
Yep Say zibby struggles which is probable ,are we really going to use JGP or Smith in the number 2 hole here ??If we do macdavid here we come

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
lol.

I was watching an episode of Property Brothers and this guy said he was a professional hockey player and won some top scorer awards.

I looked into it, he never made it past the AHL and never topped 10 goals and his award came from the Italian league where he scored 30 goals in 26 games.

Yeah... Bonino didn't even play in the TOP Italian league... he played in Italy's "B-League"!!!
It is literally such a low-ranked league, that I'm having a hard time finding player stats for it.

*EDIT*
Ah wait, I found some stats for it.

Do you want to know who plays in Italy's Elite A2 Hockey league? Literally nobody that I have ever heard of, ever.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Yep Say zibby struggles which is probable ,are we really going to use JGP or Smith in the number 2 hole here ??If we do macdavid here we come

That's a bad thing? I'd much rather bomb out and get McDavid than finish 20th again.

It's not going to happen though. It's shaping up to be an overly mediocre roster in an overly mediocre division in an overly mediocre conference.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Yeah... Bonino didn't even play in the TOP Italian league... he played in Italy's "B-League"!!!

It is literally such a low-ranked league, that I'm having a hard time finding player stats for it.

Well, either way his NCAA and AHL stats indicate he's able to find the net. With Berglunds health in question the LAST thing i would want back is used parts of a guy who can't play.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That's a bad thing? I'd much rather bomb out and get McDavid than finish 20th again.

It's not going to happen though. It's shaping up to be an overly mediocre roster in an overly mediocre division in an overly mediocre conference.
Iam sure Bobby Ryan,EK,Mac want this to happen.With berglund we are a much deeper team,that will surround the best of our youth with solid nhl talent,thus allowing them and us as a team become better.

mac/turris/stone

michalek/fa/zibby /ryan

fa/prospect/michalek/berglund/lazar

green/smith/condra

neil/hoff/pageau extra

Bolded are the players that make or break this team moving forward,doesnt it make sense for them to have some sort of good,not the crap veteran support we saw last season.In the lineup to help them out :nod:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think the pervading opinion around the league would be the same for Berglund (#3, not #4).

Berglund is a number 2/3 and just flat out better than Smith. He can also play lw on the 2nd line. Again not something Smith can do

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Do you guys think Derek Roy still has game? He put up some big numbers during his years with the sabres but has been bouncing around a lot lately. Also he's from Ottawa so we could give him a hometown discount to stay within the budget.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I am not seeing what you are seeing in Bonino.

AHL
50gp 12goals
19gp 6goals

NHL
9gp 1g
26gp 0g
50gp 5g
27gp 5g
77gp 22g

I see 1 good season. He has not proven anything.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Berglund is a number 2/3 and just flat out better than Smith. He can also play lw on the 2nd line. Again not something Smith can do
BINGO,he would be a great add.Even at the expense of spezza.I mean did most here watch any of the games last season??Spezza doesnt fit with our team anymore .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad