Speculation: Off Season Trade Thread Vol. VIII - "Now The Real Offseason Begins" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yep agreed ,what about dominic moore and pouliot from ny ,they could be decent adds .

Then we could go with something like

Pouliot/Moore/lazar

i only want some vets down there to ease lazar into the lineup.I just cant see them sending him back to junior ,i mean whats left for him to experience down there

I don't think that would be a good deal for us unless we get fleeced in the Spezza deal and get no top-6 forward back. Otherwise we'll have a glut of 3rd and 4th line guys and I don't think Pouliot and Moore are that much of an improvement over any of them.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I really like a bottom six of:

Smith-Santorelli-Lazar
Greening-Pageau-Condra/Neil

Pageau has been good with those guys in the past and helps Greening produce a bit more and it doesn't really let Mac get too attached to a pure checking line

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't think that would be a good deal for us unless we get fleeced in the Spezza deal and get no top-6 forward back. Otherwise we'll have a glut of 3rd and 4th line guys and I don't think Pouliot and Moore are that much of an improvement over any of them.
I agree we have tons of them in the ahl ,but iam just talking short term plugs that have some experience for now type

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Smith-Santorelli-Lazar

Pageau has been good with those guys in the past and helps Greening produce a bit more and it doesn't really let Mac get too attached to a pure checking line
I like him alot, but he really needs to step it up ,or he might be labeled a tweener sooner than later

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Smith-Santorelli-Lazar

I'd rather Smith center our third or fourth line and forget about Santorelli, who seems like he's never going to be more than filler in the NHL, and we don't need filler in Ottawa.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Glad to see iam not the only one that sees the holes up front in the team, arent so much in the top 6 .Its the bottom 6 that was bad ,Neil should be a bench player,greening plays ok with the bingo guys so leave him there playing 10 mins a night .That 3 rd line needs the most help berglund would be a great add to it ,but iam not sure if we would be giving stlouis too sweet a deal here

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Quard just posted this gem ,Berglund and shatty for spezza and both wier and gryba .I love this move ,gives us what we need at center and helps the defense in one shot.Man this would make me very happy if we could pull this one off

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Quard just posted this gem ,Berglund and shatty for spezza and both wier and gryba .I love this move ,gives us what we need at center and helps the defense in one shot.Man this would make me very happy if we could pull this one off

I love it, but I doubt St. Louis does haha

I definitely don't think we should be pursuing a 3C, we have so many. Smith and Pageau would be fine bottom 6 centers, and if they're not, we could just slide Berglund there :yo:

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
I love it, but I doubt St. Louis does haha

I definitely don't think we should be pursuing a 3C, we have so many. Smith and Pageau would be fine bottom 6 centers, and if they're not, we could just slide Berglund there :yo:

I'd rather stay away from Berglund and roll with Turris/Zibanejad/Smith/Pageau up the middle next year. Assuming Schwartz is off the table, I'd target a package of Shattenkirk/Rattie/1st for Spezza/Weircioch. Shattenkirk rounds out a solid top 4, Rattie gives us another goal scoring prospect, and our draft team can work their magic with a late 1st.

From there, Dorion is on the record saying they will be active on July 1st, so I'm still clinging to the hope that they make a big splash and convince Stastny to come play in the capital. Then we sign Michalek at a discount and roll the dice on a wild card spot next year. This unrealistic dream leaves us with this lineup:

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Statsny - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Lazar
Smith - Pageau - Neil/Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Shattenkirk
Phillips - Ceci
Boro

* trade Greening to Edmonton for a pick next year
** I would also be okay with not signing Statsny and giving Zibanejad more ice time, but a man can still dream.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/Zibanejad/Stone
Greening/Smith/Neil
Hoffman/Pageau/Condra

That is assuming we get no forwards in return for Spezza.

I think Lazar makes it out of camp, steals the 3rd line RW position, and plays more than 9 games next year.

I'm praying that Murray can save a little salary and ship Greening to some team in the West who is looking for a physical bottom 6 forward. Nothing against Greening, just business.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think Lazar makes it out of camp, steals the 3rd line RW position, and plays more than 9 games next year.

I'm praying that Murray can save a little salary and ship Greening to some team in the West who is looking for a physical bottom 6 forward. Nothing against Greening, just business.
He would have to bomb pretty bad for us to send him back ,i get the development part but really what else can he do in junior.Other than a wjc gold, kids done it all and has been a big part in both his junior team and the wjc sucess

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
He would have to bomb pretty bad for us to send him back ,i get the development part but really what else can he do in junior.Other than a wjc gold, kids done it all and has been a big part in both his junior team and the wjc sucess
the NHL is a league infinitely beyond the CHL. Spectacular players are able to make the jump while tremendous players go on to have a good hockey career in the AHL or somewhere in Europe.

It's hard to ask anyone to play well here, and he may end up in the pressbox more times than not that the Juniors may be more beneficial despite being repetitive.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
the NHL is a league infinitely beyond the CHL. Spectacular players are able to make the jump while tremendous players go on to have a good hockey career in the AHL or somewhere in Europe.

It's hard to ask anyone to play well here, and he may end up in the pressbox more times than not that the Juniors may be more beneficial despite being repetitive.
I think he gets his 9 games at least before they make the decision either way .I calling for him to be on the team .He has too much jam not to turn heads

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Okay guys... lets say for fun we get Shattenkirk, what names do you guys pursue using Wiercioch as bait?

Probably Shattenkirk

I don't see St-Louis letting him go without some kind of defensive help going their way

Unless they have plans for signing a UFA

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I would rather Lazar get his 9 games then go back to the Oil Kings for this season. Let him Captain the team and Captain the Canadian World Junior team.

Give this team a year to sort itself out and bring him in next season.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I would rather Lazar get his 9 games then go back to the Oil Kings for this season. Let him Captain the team and Captain the Canadian World Junior team.

The way Murray speaks about him I doubt he goes back the junior unless Mac doesn't think he's ready.

There's that and Lazar's attitude. He'll work his ass off if he knows there's a spot open.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The way Murray speaks about him I doubt he goes back the junior unless Mac doesn't think he's ready.

There's that and Lazar's attitude. He'll work his ass off if he knows there's a spot open.
Yep ,he will want a new challenge .Kid is wired right ,we just need to get him some good support and also get some for zibby .Thats why i want a decent 3rd line center

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya

Yeah I can see the merits to that. I generally think it's a bad strategy to bring an entry level player onto an exceedingly ****ty team. I'm not saying that we'll be an exceedingly ****ty team, but its certainly a possibility if we get peanuts for Spezza and don't fix the D.

You end up having that bad atmosphere around a team that is detrimental to development. You don't see that many "good, maybe great, but not superstar" players – as I expect Lazar to be – prematurely breakout in a bad environment. e.g. Pre-2013 Ryan Johansen, this year's Huberdeau etc.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So do you guys think Bonino or Berglund would be a better return.
Better track record so far ,he is what this team needs .Big two way center that can play lw ,and provide some insulation for a very young second line center in zibby .And if lazar makes the team support for him as well :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad