Speculation: Off Season Trade Thread Vol. VIII - "Now The Real Offseason Begins" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Do you guys think Derek Roy still has game? He put up some big numbers during his years with the sabres but has been bouncing around a lot lately. Also he's from Ottawa so we could give him a hometown discount to stay within the budget.

IMO, Roy is a "passenger" at this point in his career.

Might be worth a flyer if you desperately need a good 2nd line C and are willing to risk that he has a rebound year, but he looked completely disinterested in doing anything in St Louis other than collecting a paycheque and counting down the days until he's a UFA again.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Do you guys think Derek Roy still has game? He put up some big numbers during his years with the sabres but has been bouncing around a lot lately. Also he's from Ottawa so we could give him a hometown discount to stay within the budget.
Dont need him we will be fine at center ,after the spezza deal.We are getting a third/spot second line guy . almost every rumor we have heard about spezza includes one .If Michalek signs we need one more top 9 winger

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Berglund is a number 2/3 and just flat out better than Smith. He can also play lw on the 2nd line. Again not something Smith can do

No doubt he's better than Smith, but Berglund would have the same role. Without Spezza, Turris would be the pure #1 centre, Zibanejad – who had more goals and more points than Berglund on a worse team in fewer games and with lesser ice time (and is only getting better) – would be the #2, and Berglund would be the #3.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not willing to give up Spezza when the principal component coming back is an upgrade at the third line centre position.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Yeah... Bonino didn't even play in the TOP Italian league... he played in Italy's "B-League"!!!
It is literally such a low-ranked league, that I'm having a hard time finding player stats for it.

*EDIT*
Ah wait, I found some stats for it.

Do you want to know who plays in Italy's Elite A2 Hockey league? Literally nobody that I have ever heard of, ever.

why was he playing in that league?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No doubt he's better than Smith, but Berglund would have the same role. Without Spezza, Turris would be the pure #1 centre, Zibanejad – who had more goals and more points than Berglund on a worse team in fewer games and with lesser ice time (and is only getting better) – would be the #2, and Berglund would be the #3.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not willing to give up Spezza when the principal component coming back is an upgrade at the third line centre position.
He is also being asked to play a much larger role ,with less experience.Berglund played a lessor role in Stlouis ,so maybe he scores more with better linemate and icetime??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad