Speculation: Off Season Trade Thread Vol. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Holmes*

Well, you could blame the GM that gave Neil his contract that all but guarantees him a spot in the lineup for two more seasons.

However, people don't seem to like to hold Murray accountable for anything around here.

The Fuhr*

With all his amazing prospects the loss of Hemsky and Michalek should mean nothing.

I've been hearing how sick BMs farm is for the last few years... So let's see it

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Well, you could blame the GM that gave Neil his contract that all but guarantees him a spot in the lineup for two more seasons.

However, people don't seem to like to hold Murray accountable for anything around here.

Meh, Neil provides a spark for the team. He was just played way overused. I hate Neil when he plays more than 8-10 minutes but love him when he plays that much. Was MacLean issue more than it was Murray.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
What are ppl's thoughts on Etem as part of the Anaheim package? They have a group of young players around the same age making them an ideal trading partner. DSP, Etem, Silf, Bonino, Palmieri are all possible returns for the player now. If I'm Anaheim, I'm pushing Cogliano.

I think the Ducks may want to hold onto Etem, given the fact that he's a born and raised California kid and would seem like the ideal player to feed off Spezza's wing on that team.

Ideally I'm hoping we somehow pry DSP, Bonino, and their own pick(25th) away from them in a deal. Then in turn trade Greening and Wiercioch to the Av's for Parenteau, and sign Dan Boyle on July 1st.

A lot of wishful thinking but not entirely unrealistic to have a roster like this come fall:

FORWARDS
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
P-A Parenteau ($4.000m) / Nick Bonino ($1.900m) / Curtis Lazar ($0.894m)
Mike Hoffman ($0.926m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / Mark Stone ($0.603m)
Devante Smith-Pelly ($1.800m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
Erik Condra ($1.250m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($3.100m) / Dan Boyle ($5.200m)
Chris Phillips ($2.500m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
Eric Gryba ($1.200m) /

GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($2.000m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,486,833; BONUSES: $1,955,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $15,613,167

Either of the forward combinations can be interchangeable..

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Bonino+DSP+10th overall is real good deal, imo.

It gives us strong winger depth with strong 2 way play and a lot of character.

10th overall can be packaged in another deal.

Sign Grabo+Kulemin

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Bonino-Zibanejad-Ryan
DSP-Grabo-Kulemin
Greening-Pageau-Smith

Hard-working line-up.

Package Hoffman+Wiercioch+10th overall for help on defense or to bring in another top 6 winger.

10th overall+Wiercioch for Eberle

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Bonino-Zibanejad-Eberle
DSP-Grabo-Stone
Greening-Pageau-Smith

That's a sick forward group, imo.

I really hope Murray tries to make that happen. I really like that lineup.

Why would the Oilers make that trade? That would never happen. Ever.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005

There was nothing wrong with this deal at the time. Neal has proven his value when he is played properly. He's supposed to be a 4th line guy that punishes the opponent with heavy forechecking. He not only makes other teams play more cautiously but generates chances by this style of play

Like most of the team he was horrible last year and was also misused. He deserves another chance before we throw in the towel on him

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
With all his amazing prospects the loss of Hemsky and Michalek should mean nothing.

I've been hearing how sick BMs farm is for the last few years... So let's see it

Nah, Puempel's not ready, neither is Claesson. You might see Da Costa or Pageau filling the 3C spot, but otherwise you'll be seeing Berglund coming in as well as possibly a guy like Stewart (likely acquired by Hoffman...from the farm) and possibly even another guy coming in via signing or trade.

Maybe a Cole Schneider in the 3rd line LW spot, but I doubt it.

Not to mention you already saw a pretty solid player in Mark Stone, what could amount to a solid puck mover in Wiercioch, Gryba is a very steady stay at home D-man, Borowiecki is gonna be a lot of fun to watch as a shutdown D-man, Ceci you saw last year and he'll continue to develop.

So...you just saw Ceci, Stone, Gryba, Wiercioch, Hoffman, Da Costa, Pageau and you want more? Give it some time lol.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Bonino+DSP+10th overall is real good deal, imo.

It gives us strong winger depth with strong 2 way play and a lot of character.

10th overall can be packaged in another deal.

Sign Grabo+Kulemin

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Bonino-Zibanejad-Ryan
DSP-Grabo-Kulemin
Greening-Pageau-Smith

Hard-working line-up.

Package Hoffman+Wiercioch+10th overall for help on defense or to bring in another top 6 winger.

10th overall+Wiercioch for Eberle

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Bonino-Zibanejad-Eberle
DSP-Grabo-Stone
Greening-Pageau-Smith

That's a sick forward group, imo.

I really hope Murray tries to make that happen. I really like that lineup.

I wish.

where do i sign for wiercioch + 10th for eberle.. should i use my own blood

im all for signing kulemin. a little more hesitant on grabovski though

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
We should have been looking forward to a long term extension for Spezza this summer. Seriously what happened?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Nah, Puempel's not ready, neither is Claesson. You might see Da Costa or Pageau filling the 3C spot, but otherwise you'll be seeing Berglund coming in as well as possibly a guy like Stewart (likely acquired by Hoffman...from the farm) and possibly even another guy coming in via signing or trade.

Maybe a Cole Schneider in the 3rd line LW spot, but I doubt it.

Not to mention you already saw a pretty solid player in Mark Stone, what could amount to a solid puck mover in Wiercioch, Gryba is a very steady stay at home D-man, Borowiecki is gonna be a lot of fun to watch as a shutdown D-man, Ceci you saw last year and he'll continue to develop.

So...you just saw Ceci, Stone, Gryba, Wiercioch, Hoffman, Da Costa, Pageau and you want more? Give it some time lol.

I would take Parenteau over Stewart easily.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
We should have been looking forward to a long term extension for Spezza this summer. Seriously what happened?

Maybe he doesn't want to be here long term and is keeping his mouth shut so the team can maximize his value. The only other alternative is that Ottawa doesn't want him long term. One side doesn't want the partnership to continue, and thank goodness they've got a good relationship to do what's best for the organization.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
How good is rattie anyways, I heard he is small and not good defensively.

I think Anaheim can give us a better package, just getting the 11th OA is really good imo and Id like to see a Getzlaf and Spezza as #1 and #2 or at the same pp.

Rattie is listed as 6' 178lbs on TSN. Don't know a ton about him other than he put up some great numbers in junior, but that obviously doesn't guarantee success in the nhl. I'm pretty sure he's one of the Blues top prospects at the moment.

I agree that we could probably get a better deal from Anaheim. One of Etem/Cogliano/Palmierie/Bonino, a 1st (hopefully ours) and maybe a prospect, but I think Anaheim will go hard for Kesler. If they miss out on him, Spezza is a pretty good plan B.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

He wasn't terrible last year

His drop off was this year

It sucks because he used to be a heart & soul guy but father time takes it's toll on all us

I don't think the contract was that bad when it was signed

I'm ok with giving him the opportunity that he still has what it takes to be a regular player in the NHL but he should be on a short leash

The Fuhr*

Nothing but depth... not one of those guys are an impact player... I like Stone but other then that it's all bottom six talent.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He asked for a trade and wont play the team system.

Nobody was suggesting that he wouldn't play the team system in 2011/12. I think he plays the system, but has been making some judgment errors. He'll never be a defensive stud, but I think saying he won't play the system is hyperbole.

The Fuhr*

Where's the proof he asked for a trade. Originally people where speculating he asked for a trade and now it seems to have turned into a fact

Cause he said he would look favorably on a move in the post season player interviews with management

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Cause he said he would look favorably on a move in the post season player interviews with management

Allegedly said something along those lines, as paraphrased through second hand knowledge in a tweet by Bob Mckenzie. A reliable source, granted.

If we're going to declare this stuff with absolute certainty, lets try to provide the proper context shall we?

While I don't doubt that the Senators are exploring their options, neither the organization nor Spezza have come out and said publicly that a trade is in the works.

The Fuhr*

While I don't doubt that the Senators are exploring their options, neither the organization nor Spezza have come out and said publicly that a trade is in the works.

And that is awesome because this team does not need another Heatley situation

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

It's already really painful seeing our team going down south quickly and having to read comments like our Coach/GM/Owner/Spezza/the 3rd line/the 4th line/our prospects sucks.

Non stop complaining DO NOT make things better unless you can do something about it. And unless you can convince Melnyk to fire Murray and spend more money, your litany is getting tiresome and useless.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's already really painful seeing our team going down south quickly and having to read comments like our Coach/GM/Owner/Spezza/the 3rd line/the 4th line/our prospects sucks.

Non stop complaining DO NOT make things better unless you can do something about it. And unless you can convince Melnyk to fire Murray and spend more money, your litany is getting tiresome and useless.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad