Proposal: Off Season Trade Thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
What would everyone think if we made a push for A. Markov. I think he would be the perfect partner for E. Karlsson.....I'm thinking he is probably looking for more term than money so something around 4yrs at 5mil per which is a little risky because he is 35 yrs old....If we can't sign him then we could always go after Boyle but he would not be paired with Karlsson and is also said to be looking long term. I would only go 3yrs and 4 mil per for him because he is 37.

Markov - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips

In this case we would problaby trade Wiercioch + Prince for Stewart.....really believe something like this will happen

or

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Boyle
Phillips - Ceci
Gryba

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
What would everyone think if we made a push for A. Markov. I think he would be the perfect partner for E. Karlsson.....I'm thinking he is probably looking for more term than money so something around 4yrs at 5mil per which is a little risky because he is 35 yrs old....If we can't sign him then we could always go after Boyle but he would not be paired with Karlsson and is also said to be looking long term. I would only go 3yrs and 4 mil per for him because he is 37.

Markov - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips

In this case we would problaby trade Wiercioch + Prince for Stewart.....really believe something like this will happen

or

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Boyle
Phillips - Ceci
Gryba

That pair would get overpowered pretty quickly. He would make a pretty amazing partner for Gryba though. If Markov can makr Komisarek look like an allstar he can probably make Gryba look like a legitimate number 4.

Cowen-Boyle is what I'm hoping for.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
That pair would get overpowered pretty quickly. He would make a pretty amazing partner for Gryba though. If Markov can makr Komisarek look like an allstar he can probably make Gryba look like a legitimate number 4.

Cowen-Boyle is what I'm hoping for.

I see Markov as a way better version of F. Kuba and Karlsson won a Norris with Kuba as his partner.....Markov is actually pretty good along the boards.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
if the tension between methot and management is something more than fabricated rumours I can see us trading spezza and methot to florida for a multiple pieces. talon said hes looking for help now and in one trade he gets a point producing first line center and top four, top pairing when hes on his game, d man. 1st, huberdeau/bgustad, gudbranson, howden

This is beyond awful for Florida.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is beyond awful for Florida.

if youre in the "spezza is barely an NHLer " corner than yeah totally completely agree. more rsk for Ottawa I would say... giving up two sure things for a bunch of question marks. Hows gudbransson gonna turn out? hows that first gonna turn out?

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Well, Markov would fit the BM MO of old and Russian. Even at his age, would be a nice addition to the top four and in the locker room.

He wants to stay in Montreal though.

"I can't say much, we agreed not to say much, but talks are ongoing and Andrei wants to stay in Montreal," agent and former NHL player Sergei Berezin told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com on Friday. "We'll see where it goes. He's played 13 seasons with Montreal. He wants to finish his career in Montreal."

He's been pretty easy for Montreal to deal with previously though so the delay on getting a deal done here should concern them.

Perhaps it does present us with an opportunity to get better while making Montreal weaker. He's not an easy guy to replace.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Well, Markov would fit the BM MO of old and Russian. Even at his age, would be a nice addition to the top four and in the locker room.

He wants to stay in Montreal though.

He's been pretty easy for Montreal to deal with previously though so the delay on getting a deal done here should concern them.

Perhaps it does present us with an opportunity to get better while making Montreal weaker. He's not an easy guy to replace.

So did Kovalev but that didn't stop Bryan Murray.
:sarcasm:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I see Markov as a way better version of F. Kuba and Karlsson won a Norris with Kuba as his partner.....Markov is actually pretty good along the boards.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Markov fan, but despite being soft Kuba was 6'4 230 ish where Markov is only 6'0 205. Markov is really slowing down too, he needs someone with size to help him out.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I wouldn't mind picking up Havlat if the Sharks blow it up.

Depending on if the Sharks want to buy him out or not, I would take him at half his current salary.

Worst case scenario he plays half the year, giving one of Puempel, Prince, etc a chance at the N.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Subban plays around 220 and an absolute beast. Very different than EK.

Markov is money on the pp though, defintiely one of the best pp qb in the league right now. Who knows how many points Karlsson will make on the pp with markov.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Hypothetically trading Spezza for Thornton straight up. Yay or nay?

Nay!

He is getting too old, and he some how only scored 11 goals this year. Not to mention his awesome playoff record.

This team needs defense, above all else.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I don't think there is a single NHL commentator in the league who would agree with this; apart from the partisan hacks heard on the team 1200.

that's nice. they're all certainly entitled to their opinion.

The Fuhr*

See the Islanders traded for Halak... Guess Wang is going to open up his check book this summer :(

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Man would I love to get Campbell out of Florida, though I'm a bigger believer in Cowen than most.

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Campbell
Gryba-Ceci
Phillips or Wiercioch depending on the team

I think that's some solid depth, and a ECF esque defense (if EK regains form and a full training camp gets Cowen to where he should be) but if the rumors of Florida being willing to spend is true, there's probably not much of a chance of this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad