Proposal: Off Season Trade Thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Jumping in here for a friendly value question (rather than deal with the insanity of the Trade Forums).

Scanning through the offseason thread it looks like a lot of people are pushing Cowen down to the 3rd pairing. I'm wondering what his value might be at for a trade with the CBJ?

I'm curious because I'd like to add someone who can crush bones to protect Bob's crease but I'm not overly sure what Ottawa's needs are.

thanks!

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
There will also probably be a bidding war for Spezza so, someone will have to over pay a little bit. Not sure why some people think that Wiercioch has no trade value at the moment. The guy has averaged over .40 pt per game in his first couple of years. Also, I don't think Josi would average that much ice time next year with the emergence of Jones.

I'm expecting a bidding war of lowball offer like we received for Heatley.

The only difference here, Murray doesn't have to trade Spezza.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Jumping in here for a friendly value question (rather than deal with the insanity of the Trade Forums).

Scanning through the offseason thread it looks like a lot of people are pushing Cowen down to the 3rd pairing. I'm wondering what his value might be at for a trade with the CBJ?

I'm curious because I'd like to add someone who can crush bones to protect Bob's crease but I'm not overly sure what Ottawa's needs are.

thanks!

An actual top 4 defenseman, maybe another top 6 forward.

I'd say a #4 defenseman and a #6 forward for Cowen would be best.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

thanks!

Give us Jenner, Wennberg, Bjorkstrand and Savard and you can have Spezza + Cowen.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
An actual top 4 defenseman, maybe another top 6 forward.

I'd say a #4 defenseman and a #6 forward for Cowen would be best.

What types of players? Are we looking at a PMD, hard shot, etc and a scoring forward or more of a playmakers, a grinding Top 6, etc?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
from previous thread:
Josi was MVP at the World's last year while playing amongst some of the best players in the world, and the only reason he is a #2, is because Weber is on his team. He's also the reason they let Suter walk. The guy might win a Norris one day, depending where he ends up. He'll at least be in the conversation. He is still relatively low profile, but there probably aren't 20 d-men in the league most GM's would take ahead of him if they had their pick..

Hmmm.

Year|Josi GF% With Weber|GF% W/O Weber
This year|50.5 |35.0
last 2 years|50.0|40.6

I'm not saying Josi isn't a great Dman, but I'm not convinced he's a number 1 guy yet. He might become one, but that doesn't make his value on par with one now.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

penner, cogliano, smid was pretty good.

The Fuhr*

What types of players? Are we looking at a PMD, hard shot, etc and a scoring forward or more of a playmakers, a grinding Top 6, etc?

Arterm Anisimov
For
Jared Cowen

I'd be happy with that

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

And that's a pretty big difference......Also, Heatley had a full no trade clause which means that he could choose wherever he wanted to go, which he did and that's why we got low balled......There are going to be many desperate teams this summer looking to add someone like Spezza. I'm pretty sure that Nashville is going to change their style of play now that they got rid of Trotz and Spezza would be a perfect fit there.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
from previous thread:

Hmmm.

Year|Josi GF% With Weber|GF% W/O Weber
This year|50.5 |35.0
last 2 years|50.0|40.6

I'm not saying Josi isn't a great Dman, but I'm not convinced he's a number 1 guy yet. He might become one, but that doesn't make his value on par with one now.

WOWY stats are awesome that way. A great illustration of where he is at right now.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Arterm Anisimov
For
Jared Cowen

I'd be happy with that

I'm a big fan of Anisimov - I think he can be a great 2nd line center one day - but that's probably overpaying for him.

If we're moving Cowen it better be in a package for a two-way top line/top 6 forward (in a package for a guy like O'Reilly) or for an established top pairing/top 4 defenseman (in a package for a guy like Ehrhoff).

2nd line centers are a lot easier to find than top 4 shutdown D.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If the Sharks choke tonight:

Zibanejad + for Couture

Having a Turris-Couture 1-2 for the next 10 years would be awesome.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
>0001% chance we get Shattenkirk for Spezza. Don't get me wrong he would be great but:

1. Right hand, our glut is on the left side.
2. 4.25 mil contract
3. 25 years old and healthy.
4.Hasn't reached potential yet.
5. High point potential.
:laugh:
They ask BM if he had lunch with Rob Ford and Eugene today.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
WOWY stats are awesome that way. A great illustration of where he is at right now.

I posted them somewhat tongue in cheek; the sample size is to small to draw significant conclusions from. My point stands though; it's hard if not impossible to say how much of his performance is on the back of an established player like Weber. Suter also had poor GF% without Weber in his last 2 years in Nsh.

The Fuhr*

I'm a big fan of Anisimov - I think he can be a great 2nd line center one day - but that's probably overpaying for him.

If we're moving Cowen it better be in a package for a two-way top line/top 6 forward (in a package for a guy like O'Reilly) or for an established top pairing/top 4 defenseman (in a package for a guy like Ehrhoff).

2nd line centers are a lot easier to find than top 4 shutdown D.

I know AA can play LW... His 6'4 frame and puck protection skills could fit in well on a line with Zibanejad

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
Mcarthur - Turris - Stone
Anisimov - Zibanejad - Lazar

Then the Sens can focus the remainder of the budget about 5.0-6.0 to improve the Blueline

I know Greening is not ideal for the top line but maybe he can rebound doing the dirty work

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I know AA can play LW... His 6'4 frame and puck protection skills could fit in well on a line with Zibanejad

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
Mcarthur - Turris - Stone
Anisimov - Zibanejad - Lazar

Then the Sens can focus the remainder of the budget about 5.0-6.0 to improve the Blueline

I know Greening is not ideal for the top line but maybe he can rebound doing the dirty work

Greening on the 1st line? Please no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad