GDT: Off-Season Thread V: 'So about that defenseman trade' Edition

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I liked hudler. Not the fastest but he can score.

Given the contracts, too, there's a good chance I'd prefer Hudler over a few of our guys. We'll see what he signs for. He's still a small winger, but he does generate offense.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Given the contracts, too, there's a good chance I'd prefer Hudler over a few of our guys. We'll see what he signs for. He's still a small winger, but he does generate offense.

really, if we can fit him in here on a short deal, the deal would make a lot of sense. We've already boxed out the kids from earning a promotion, and we're clearly trying to make the playoffs at the very least. Outside of dealing for Fowler, signing guys like Hudler or Wisniewski to one year show-me deals would sorta fit where Holland has pointed this club to start the year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
really, if we can fit him in here on a short deal, the deal would make a lot of sense. We've already boxed out the kids from earning a promotion, and we're clearly trying to make the playoffs at the very least. Outside of dealing for Fowler, signing guys like Hudler or Wisniewski to one year show-me deals would sorta fit where Holland has pointed this club to start the year.

Yeah absolutely. If you're going all in on that plan, hey, go all in. Hell, Hudler makes for a good looking top 9, there's no denying that.

I'm kind of dreaming of a scenario where Holland can trade Tatar for a defender (Fowler, please) and replace his vacancy with Hudler. Could just as easily promote AA or Mantha, but if we're going the veteran playoff route, let's go for it full on, eh?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah absolutely. If you're going all in on that plan, hey, go all in. Hell, Hudler makes for a good looking top 9, there's no denying that.

I'm kind of dreaming of a scenario where Holland can trade Tatar for a defender (Fowler, please) and replace his vacancy with Hudler. Could just as easily promote AA or Mantha, but if we're going the veteran playoff route, let's go for it full on, eh?

yeah, I have to admit, that's the scenario that kept playing out in the back of my mind, too. Holland has as much as said that he's going to keep this team as competitive as possible for as long as possible, so why waste time on the pretense that any of these kids can make it on the club without a slew of injuries? Stock up on the best vets you can, and make a serious push. Mantha, AA, and whoever else will be out of waiver options next year can make the team then, in some capacity.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
yeah, I have to admit, that's the scenario that kept playing out in the back of my mind, too. Holland has as much as said that he's going to keep this team as competitive as possible for as long as possible, so why waste time on the pretense that any of these kids can make it on the club without a slew of injuries? Stock up on the best vets you can, and make a serious push. Mantha, AA, and whoever else will be out of waiver options next year can make the team then, in some capacity.

So much for this idea!

Jimmy Nill signed Hudler to 1 year at only $2 million. Damn good deal. That Dallas forward group is stacked. Spezza, Sharp, Seguin, Benn, Hemsky, Hudler, Janmark and so on.

Too bad their defense/goaltending is ehhhhh. But they will have the best 3 line offense in the league now.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
So much for this idea!

Jimmy Nill signed Hudler to 1 year at only $2 million. Damn good deal. That Dallas forward group is stacked. Spezza, Sharp, Seguin, Benn, Hemsky, Hudler, Janmark and so on.

Too bad their defense/goaltending is ehhhhh. But they will have the best 3 line offense in the league now.

Is that confirmed now?
Rumor on trade talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad