Off-Season Thread: Free Agency & Trade Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Looking at the trades being proposed for Barrie...I'm sorry guys but I don't think we have what it takes. The best we could do is probably 16+Svech+Goose and honestly I don't think that'll do it. This does however bring down the price of other D-men. Hopefully everyone competes for Barrie and we slip in for Vatanen or Shattey

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ugh, why did Edmonton have to suck for so long...

Unreal stockpile of assets they can offer. Going to snag one of these d men from us.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Ugh, why did Edmonton have to suck for so long...

Unreal stockpile of assets they can offer. Going to snag one of these d men from us.

i would look at it differently

the oilers were always going to go hard after a dman this summer

let them make the first move and the dominos will fall

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Is a deal for Demers rights typical enough for KH? I could see a prospect that Nill would obviously be familiar with going over if they don't intend on signing him. Seems like a real possibility to me.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Demers

Is a deal for Demers rights typical enough for KH? I could see a prospect that Nill would obviously be familiar with going over if they don't intend on signing him. Seems like a real possibility to me.

No reason to trade for an pending UFA rights as the league now allows teams to talk to UFA's the week prior to July 1st. This makes understandable the deals that are announced at 12:01 AM E.T..

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Chris Nichols @NicholsOnHockey
Dreger: "The Detroit #RedWings are most definitely looking at Steven Stamkos as an unrestricted free agent option." #TBLightning

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Chris Nichols
@NicholsOnHockey
Dreger: Ken Holland is actively trying to move that remaining year on Datsyuk's contract. "Holland is hard at it." #RedWings

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Dreger/Radulov: Number of teams interested. "Belief is the #RedWings are comfortable at a one-year deal, at around $4 million, but a couple of NHL sources have indicated he wants two years at $7.5 million per."

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Chris Nichols
@NicholsOnHockey
Dreger: Ken Holland is actively trying to move that remaining year on Datsyuk's contract. "Holland is hard at it." #RedWings

Since we still haven't heard from Pavel regarding his decision, it almost feels like what's happening is that they're trying to move his contract so he can leave free and clear but if they can't maybe he plays his final year?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Dreger/Radulov: Number of teams interested. "Belief is the #RedWings are comfortable at a one-year deal, at around $4 million, but a couple of NHL sources have indicated he wants two years at $7.5 million per."

Anyone that would give him 7.5mil for 1 year let alone 2 is crazy. I'll take him at 1 year for 4 mil, maybe even go 2 years for 8 total, but no way do the Wings or any competent NHL team give him 7.5 mil.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually pretty damn excited for this offseason! Holland's hand is being forced like never before, and there's so many potential trade opportunities and some big names on the FA market. :popcorn:

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm actually pretty damn excited for this offseason! Holland's hand is being forced like never before, and there's so many potential trade opportunities and some big names on the FA market. :popcorn:

How come I get this feeling lots of people say this every off-season of late? :laugh:

Jokes aside, likewise.:yo:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Ah shoot, now I'm kinda expecting us to do something.

Now I'm gonna get my feelings hurt.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Anyone that would give him 7.5mil for 1 year let alone 2 is crazy. I'll take him at 1 year for 4 mil, maybe even go 2 years for 8 total, but no way do the Wings or any competent NHL team give him 7.5 mil.

No team would ever dream of giving him 7.5 for one year, the fact that he asked that for 2 means he and his agent are out of their minds. As I said in the other thread, the most I can see any team possibly giving him is 5 million and I think 4.5-75 is the actual number he will get.
He could totally get that contract - next off-season if he performs well.

Me too, I can't wait for the draft and July 1st. I'm a Packers fan too so I usually don't get the pleasure of a splash in free agency.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seems to me like Datsyuk is waiting for Holland to move his cap before he takes off. If Holland cant move it maybe he sticks around because he feels bad or somerhing.

I would expect like Dreger said that we would be losing out on a guy like Pulks or Jurco to lose that cap hit. Totally worth it, that 7.5 makes us very competitive for Stamkos.

Give Stammer 9 or 10 million a year. He plays in a town thats only 3 hours down the 401 from home, the city isnt completely to the point that he cant walk around and have media all over him and theres a winning culture.

Stammer and Larkin down the middle for years to come has the wings pretty set down the middle for a long time

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

I'd like Radulov, but not at that price.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Do not want Stamkos. Or Radulov for that matter.

Signing a big contract player for the money he will want is a bad move.

My targets for UFA:

Matt Martin
Brian Campbell
Jason Demers

You don't want them but you'll take Campbell? Alllllllllrighty then and why Matt Martin

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
May as well soley promote from the Griffins and go for the full suck if you're not going to go after an impact player. I'd rather resign Miller than sign Martin.

Also were not in a position to just sign defenders at this point. I'd probably take either of those guys but without an exit strategy it couldn't work.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
May as well soley promote from the Griffins and go for the full suck if you're not going to go after an impact player. I'd rather resign Miller than sign Martin.

Also were not in a position to just sign defenders at this point. I'd probably take either of those guys but without an exit strategy it couldn't work.

Would rather have neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad