1665271930698.png

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not as good Ahl stats as vanek

not as good Ahl stats as vanek and pominville ? Vanek much better goals. Pom also better stats i believe. Hope he can be really good .

Pominville had three AHL seasons, starting at the age of 20. His 20-year old season in 73 games he went 13-21-34. In Quinn's 20-year old season he just went 26-35-61 in only 45 games. If we include Quinn's 15 games as a 19-year old during COVID, he's got 70 points in 60 games. Hell, Vanek went 68 points in 74 games in his first AHL season as a 20-to-21 year old. He's almost 9 months older than Quinn at the start of their first season. So Quinn out generated both earlier.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Pominville had three AHL seasons, starting at the age of 20. His 20-year old season in 73 games he went 13-21-34. In Quinn's 20-year old season he just went 26-35-61 in only 45 games. If we include Quinn's 15 games as a 19-year old during COVID, he's got 70 points in 60 games. Hell, Vanek went 68 points in 74 games in his first AHL season as a 20-to-21 year old. He's almost 9 months older than Quinn at the start of their first season. So Quinn out generated both earlier.
I was just going to post something similar. If you project Quinn’s 45 games into 74 to match Vaneks only AHL season and you get the following:

Vanek = 42 26 68
Quinn = 42 57 99

It’s not apples and oranges certainly but I think you could give Quinn a chance to be at Vaneks level at least.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was just going to post something similar. If you project Quinn’s 45 games into 74 to match Vaneks only AHL season and you get the following:

Vanek = 42 26 68
Quinn = 42 57 99

It’s not apples and oranges certainly but I think you could give Quinn a chance to be at Vaneks level at least.

Yeah, it isn't as easy a comp because so much time has passed and not for nothing but the Vanek-Poms era Amerk teams were stacked. It's encouraging that Quinn out paced both at a younger age. That said, Quinn has also showed that he takes a step, takes some time (up to a year) to acclimate, and then elevates his scoring totals. It wouldn't be a surprise if that continues yet again here this year in the NHL which I'm sure is going to leave some people disappointed in the immediate.

Reactions: Digable5

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, it isn't as easy a comp because so much time has passed and not for nothing but the Vanek-Poms era Amerk teams were stacked. It's encouraging that Quinn out paced both at a younger age. That said, Quinn has also showed that he takes a step, takes some time (up to a year) to acclimate, and then elevates his scoring totals. It wouldn't be a surprise if that continues yet again here this year in the NHL which I'm sure is going to leave some people disappointed in the immediate.

if that’s the case thrn we will need to split out PP time. I hink he will get decent PP production that could skew this over the first half of the season.

i haven't seen yet what line he plays on.
how stable of a line is that to limit his need to adjust to linemates.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
if that’s the case thrn we will need to split out PP time. I hink he will get decent PP production that could skew this over the first half of the season.

i haven't seen yet what line he plays on.
how stable of a line is that to limit his need to adjust to linemates.

I don’t think adjustment time is going to be impacted by power-play time. It’s just gonna be him getting used to the pace play.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

BuffaloSabresSword

May 11, 2011
Lol no,

Vanek had one season in Ahl score 42 goals with more games . 29 more games then quinn 26 goals . Quinn would have around 40 goals during the same games if the scoring rate would be the same +- hot or gold streak so little less then Vanek. So 2 less goals then vanek so to your math . So that would compare to Vanek. Hopefully we have a good player . Should be in NHL this season as he is comp yo vaneks first Ahl season

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I hate to admit this, but I actually like Hino on the first line. Kind of seeing a Bunting fit there.

I hope VO can help that line go and has a great year.
Those top two lines are missing a defensively responsible grunt. It's not what I leaned toward but (more of four balanced lines with Tuch, Okposo, Asplund, and Girgensons on different lines), but maybe they can outscore their collective mistakes and it won't matter.

Reactions: Chainshot

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
With nearly 20M in cap space, it might be nice to take advantage of a team and add a younger RHD to our prospect pool or Rochester. I really don't feel confident in Jokiharju long term. He's had two really shaky seasons.

Reactions: Fjordy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad