Off-Season Roster Thread #2 -- Nothing to do but wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Taking a goalie this year has almost no bearing on any of their other goaltending prospects. Goalies still remain a long, long development path with contribution at best at 3 years and typically 5. There is a lot of runway from today to 2027 expecting the new goalie to displace anyone else. In the meantime, they still need people at the pro level to stop pucks.

They need two more forwards and even at league minimum, they have no room for recalls. It very much is very tight.
I expected a goalie somewhere - but at 41? Nobody expected it.

Guerin's quotes above would back up my point. He's tight up against it - but he doesn't need to be giving useful assets away.

Someone like Vegas/Brossoit, OTOH...

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
We do. His name is Kevyn Adams.

giphy.gif

Does predictive text just add the bolded for you automatically now?

I mean, I added it manually, but it probably should. It's depressing to see other teams GMs running laps around ol' Kevyn

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

Guerin's quotes above would back up my point. He's tight up against it - but he doesn't need to be giving useful assets away.

Especially now that he already gave a useful asset away to be less tight up against it

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I see what he is saying and I still count who he has signed and he doesn't have enough players unless the Wild go 11/7 every night and suffer very few injuries. So doing the math... I don't take his comments at face value.

Also, the selection of a goalie this year has zero bearing on the near-future of unsigned goaltending prospects. None.

Reactions: Dingo44

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I see what he is saying and I still count who he has signed and he doesn't have enough players unless the Wild go 11/7 every night and suffer very few injuries. So doing the math... I don't take his comments at face value.

Also, the selection of a goalie this year has zero bearing on the near-future of unsigned goaltending prospects. None.
I assume they'll bring up Rossi for that 12th forward slot. That would only leave them with like 550k of cap space though with only have 1 extra D in the press box and no 13th forward. Definitely not ideal so it would certainly seem like they'll make some sort of cap move to get a little more breathing room.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I assume they'll bring up Rossi for that 12th forward slot. That would only leave them with like 550k of cap space though with only have 1 extra D in the press box and no 13th forward. Definitely not ideal so it would certainly seem like they'll make some sort of cap move to get a little more breathing room.

We know they'll have some injuries that require recalls that aren't banked by LTIR.

It would've been a bigger shock to hear a GM actually admit to the weakness of his cap situation publicly than what Guerin did. It seemed like a lot of bluster and I'm sure there are people who will love that, potentially equating his vehemence with competence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad