Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Just to set the tone of this thread

My Predictions for Kevyn Adam's off season

giphy.gif

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I can see the Sabres taking Monahan, if Calgary gives the Sabres something they want.

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo
Friedman was talking about some players that might not get qualifying offers on his 32 Thoughts Podcast. Mentioned Dylan Strome, Kapanen, Bear...and Olofsson. I think he was just speculating but yikes

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Friedman was talking about some players that might not get qualifying offers on his 32 Thoughts Podcast. Mentioned Dylan Strome, Kapanen, Bear...and Olofsson. I think he was just speculating but yikes

No way Olofsson doesn't get a QO.

Per CapFriendly, his QO is 3.25M, which is not prohibitive at all. Given that the Sabres are not in any cap bind, even if he goes to arbitration and gets a crazy award, it would be a one year deal which would not be cap prohibitive and in fact help reach the cap floor--so fear of arbitration won't come into play either. The only scenario where Olofsson is not a Sabre next year is if he is traded for assets in return (which I personally do not endorse), not one where he walks for free this summer because they either don't qualify him or walk away from his award.

Friedman is being lazy.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I can see the Sabres taking Monahan, if Calgary gives the Sabres something they want.
I don't see the fit unless the expectation is that he is on IR for the whole season.

If there is a reasonable assumption that he will be back, I don't see Adams wanting him on this roster. He wants the guys he has getting the time at center that Monahan would take.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

If Ethan Bear hits UFA...

I'm sorry but after years of Botterill shopping the clearance rack and last years Island of Misfit toys additions, I really hope we won't take on any project players like Bear or Monahan at this point. We have assets and cap space, use them to get functional NHL players. And we have enough unpolished prospects and projects on our own roster to try to fix without taking on another teams cast offs. Give me good players other teams can't fit under the cap or teams looking to rebuild selling off their core.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'm sorry but after years of Botterill shopping the clearance rack and last years Island of Misfit toys additions, I really hope we won't take on any project players like Bear or Monahan at this point. We have assets and cap space, use them to get functional NHL players. And we have enough unpolished prospects and projects on our own roster to try to fix without taking on another teams cast offs. Give me good players other teams can't fit under the cap or teams looking to rebuild selling off their core.I a
I agree. But I don't have much faith that that Adams will acquire good players.

Arizona will probably scoop up Monahan though. Get some draft picks too.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

I think it's quite hilarious that Olofsson is mentioned in this group. He was on a torrid pace once his lengthy pain to his wrist went away. No chance do we not qualify him, with the amount of cap space we have. Not to mention we acquired a cap balloon in Boychuk just to get to the cap floor. We're under the cap floor as of the start of the offseason. A player who showed improvement at scoring 5v5, and still is deadly from his anchor on the PP. No f***ing chance we're not tendering Olofsson. I find that hilarious.

The vibes bringing everyone back?

He can come back; the more talent the merrier, but there's no guarantee he'll fit in the top 6 defensemen. However, I liked his play before, I'm good to bring back a talented defensemen to a new environment.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
If Ethan Bear hits UFA...

I agree, if Bear hits open season, he'd be a prime candidate to go after. Right handed, still in his 20's and a player who is probably carving at the bit to prove that he's better than the lot he's been given. With our lack of depth on the right side, I'm all for it. Come on Carolina, do something stupid!

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce